Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a driver, but I was a rider today. I don't have many occasions to use Uber. Today I took a 38 minute ride for which I was charged $10.36. How can anybody make any money at this? I gave him a $3.00 tip. But still........ Driver gets $8 I guess. That is around $15 an hour and you are using/wearing out your own car! WOW!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Scoobydo, <<38 minute ride for which I was charged $10.36. How can anybody make any money at this? >>

I drove 38 min. drive yesterday and my pay was $2.07! WTF uber!

Even pax are unhappy because longer waits for uber (maybe drivers switched to Lyft??).. and concerned about drivers. Hard to keep driving..

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I am not a driver, but I was a rider today. Today I took a 38 minute ride for which I was charged $10.36. How can anybody make any money at this? and you are using/wearing out your own car! WOW!
And there are thousands and thousands of drivers signing up every month. Uber counts on no drivers knowing the answer to your question of "How can anybody make any money at this?" I'll give you some good advice, don't take any business advice from an Uber driver.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
And there are thousands and thousands of drivers signing up every month. Uber counts on no drivers knowing the answer to your question of "How can anybody make any money at this?" I'll give you some good advice, don't take any business advice from an Uber driver.
How can he take your advise if you are Uber driver yourself ?

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
How can he take your advise if you are Uber driver yourself ?
I'm one of the original Uber drivers from back in 2012 when the only platform was Uber Black. I deleted my app back in June of '14 when the X platform was about 6 months old. When the X rate dropped from $2.25/mile to $1.35/mile overnight I knew that this sudden change would ruin the industry forever. And 3 years later not only are all the drivers bitc#ing, but even the pax know that the rates are too cheap as stated by the OP.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
that 37 minute ride paid him under $8 but most my 30 minute rides pay me around $25 on Uber X or $50+ on Select or XL. Something seems weird , maybe you had a promo or something . Or it was a 3-5 mile trip that was in grid lock traffic the entire time .

The biggest issue with the pay isn't the per mile it's the per minute

My Market is 13 cents a minute and $1 a mile for Uber X . It should be $1.35 and 30 cents a minute . That is still crazy cheap pax wouldn't stop using it and drivers would be happier .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts