Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday guys and gals,

I saw last weeks gig was busy but I missed out due to family commitments.
I'm working tonight , hoping for a decent return yet bit concerned about Traffic/pick up locations/finding pax etc.

Anyone work last weeks gig and like to share a few of their do's/don'ts. Experience around this locality before and after gig will be crucial to stay moving and earning $$.

Love to hear your feedback please.
Cheers
Jps

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think all of the PR on radio and tv etc would have had everyone using public transport instead. I was expecting just train station runs. I had a reasonable fare from South Perth to Subi but then got caught with $6 fares from Wembley, Subiaco area. I didn't hang around for the end of the concert.

How did others do after the concert?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I think all of the PR on radio and tv etc would have had everyone using public transport instead. I was expecting just train station runs. I had a reasonable fare from South Perth to Subi but then got caught with $6 fares from Wembley, Subiaco area. I didn't hang around for the end of the concert.

These kinds of events are never worth the effort. Best to stay home and rest up and wait for Sat night to come around again.

·
Registered
859 Posts
On a related matter I was one of those catching the train after the Adele concert and noticed on Railway Tce a gaggle of uber drivers staying offline trying to "encourage" a surge. What do others think of this practice?
Ps amazing concert.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I drove 6pm to 1.30 in the morning for $170. Pretty poor. During concert business was very quite (non existent). Way too many cars. After concert got a 2.5 ($16 converted to $40) and a 1.9 ($8 to $14). OK surge after concert, just need more luck to get a nice long one. Did a third trip from Subi after the concert and of course it was the longest one, however no surge.

Traffic was pretty good considering the amount of people that went. Was expecting a lot worst.

All passengers said the concert was amazing.

Lui - surge manipulation...

We all talk about greater efficency, this is just a part of it. It's part of the Uber game. Customers do the same, ie cancel and re-order when they see the surge has dropped.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
On a related matter I was one of those catching the train after the Adele concert and noticed on Railway Tce a gaggle of uber drivers staying offline trying to "encourage" a surge. What do others think of this practice?
Ps amazing concert.
A concept smart uber drivers use.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Lui - surge manipulation...

We all talk about greater efficency, this is just a part of it. It's part of the Uber game. Customers do the same, ie cancel and re-order when they see the surge has dropped.
Yep and believe it or not I sometimes adopt this practice. However where I am actually at the event eg a Freo game and want to get back home via DF any trip back to home base is a bonus. Re efficiency the initial in trip was private so the trip from the job is all at 100%.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
These kinds of events are never worth the effort. Best to stay home and rest up and wait for Sat night to come around again.
with you 100% on this one mate ... I took someone to the concert through ridiculous traffic holdups and went straight home up Marmion Ave ...I saw no surges for hours so didn't miss anything, I thought blow it, not worth returning anywhere NEAR that Subi area unless it's a decent surge to pay me to do so, and it never came.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mid-week concerts:
- People are not in the mindset to spend money mid-week. The psychology is different during the week, especially these days (ie post mining boom).
- Domain Stadium (ie Subiaco Oval) has shitloads of public transport. It's the same as AFL football events. People park a km or two away, and then walk in. Or, use trains.
- Alcohol consumption wasn't a major factor, so why wouldn't you take your own car and park nearby or at a train station?
- Some people take a taxi or Uber for AFL games, but they are a) on weekends (ie money spending time), and b) if their team wins they'll go out drinking afterward. As this was a mid-week event, people were always planning to go home immediately after the concert.

·
Registered
161 Posts

with you 100% on this one mate ... I took someone to the concert through ridiculous traffic holdups and went straight home up Marmion Ave ...I saw no surges for hours so didn't miss anything, I thought blow it, not worth returning anywhere NEAR that Subi area unless it's a decent surge to pay me to do so, and it never came.
So did I

·
Registered
55 Posts
1.6x surge on Wednesday mornings, a lot of FIFO shift change and people getting to airport at that time. I was a rider at the time, dangit!

·
Registered
381 Posts
gday guys and gals,

I saw last weeks gig was busy but I missed out due to family commitments.
I'm working tonight , hoping for a decent return yet bit concerned about Traffic/pick up locations/finding pax etc.

Anyone work last weeks gig and like to share a few of their do's/don'ts. Experience around this locality before and after gig will be crucial to stay moving and earning $$.

Love to hear your feedback please.
Cheers
Jps
yeh it was busy $55 per hour average

1 - 16 of 16 Posts