Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few long trips when all I wanted was Lyft shorties for the streak bonuses, and then to top it off, epic radio fail.

Usually Sirius radio's Road Trip Radio is good to me. Tonight I pick up a conservative looking lady at a church. What comes on? That song about wanting a woman with a short skirt and a long jacket.

Then, it starts looking like she was coming from a funeral, what's the second song? Europe's The Final Countdown. I didn't get a tip. :)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Crushed it tonight. Last night was miserly at a profit of $6/hr but tonight I was making $59/hr profit. I guess there is good balance there. :smiles:
It's really hit or miss now. Since inception until about end of February I have no problem making $250+ in about 8 hrs and that's during the day too. Now it may take double that time to make the same amount during some days.

Of course Covid is part of the reason but saturation is becoming a problem too. I see ants all over the place now. U/L will never set a cap on the number of drivers. They don't care if there are too many drivers. The more the merrier for them. Drivers come and go. Full-time drivers will find it more and more difficult to keep it going.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
It takes me 10-12 hours during the day to consistently make $200+ here in Calgary. I could often make more, but I'm not that hungry, or willing, to work longer anyways.

Been driving 3 years in Calgary, full time, and it's always been the same routine. Saturation here is starting to show now too, as I see a lot of cars with newly minted 2020 Uber license plates, usually on brand new Toyota's. We've got this one huge Toyota dealer here that is screwing over prospective Uber drivers big time with their "Uber driver package". :eek::eek::roflmao::roflmao:

The stats below are from Uber........I see 4-5 ex-Uber cars driving around every single day. The red TNC sticker is usually still on the rear window, but they've got regular passenger plates again, instead of Uber plates. Saturation is real, but it's not the be all and end all.

96% of ants are gone within the first year

30% of ants are gone within the first month

25% of ants do not complete their first 100 rides (for me that's just 5 days of driving)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
It takes me 10-12 hours during the day to consistently make $200+ here in Calgary. I could often make more, but I'm not that hungry, or willing, to work longer anyways.

Been driving 3 years in Calgary, full time, and it's always been the same routine. Saturation here is starting to show now too, as I see a lot of cars with newly minted 2020 Uber license plates, usually on brand new Toyota's. We've got this one huge Toyota dealer here that is screwing over prospective Uber drivers big time with their "Uber driver package". :eek::eek::roflmao::roflmao:

The stats below are from Uber........I see 4-5 ex-Uber cars driving around every single day. The red TNC sticker is usually still stuck on the rear window, but they've got regular passenger plates again, instead of Uber plates. Saturation is real, but it's not the be all and end all.

96% of ants are gone within the first year

30% of ants are gone within the first month

25% of ants do not complete their first 100 rides (for me that's just 5 days of driving)
I'm way past my first 100 rides. I'm past my first month. Let see if I make it pass the first year :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.