Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I just did my first ride of the day. It was Oakland to SF and I didn't even have destination filter on.

It was 100th ride. I never do 120 but may as well this week. 12 miles from home anyways

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Got my one ride to SF. Stopped to eto dinner. Next ride was a two pickup pool to Oakland. East Oakland. I hate East Oakland.

Need 18 rides, so stay online. First ping some guy made me wait 4 minutes before coming out. He wanted to go to Sacramento. Nope nope nope.

Next ping was in a sketchy neighborhood at the end of a dead end with a curve that hid that part of the dead end. Confirm arrival. Wait 30 seconds. Rider no show. Offline.

Yeah, Oakland sucks.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Got my one ride to SF. Stopped to eto dinner. Next ride was a two pickup pool to Oakland. East Oakland. I hate East Oakland.

Need 18 rides, so stay online. First ping some guy made me wait 4 minutes before coming out. He wanted to go to Sacramento. Nope nope nope.

Next ping was in a sketchy neighborhood at the end of a dead end with a curve that hid that part of the dead end. Confirm arrival. Wait 30 seconds. Rider no show. Offline.

Yeah, Oakland sucks.
Had same shit. Pulled up to house...sitting...waiting...they walk ouy and just keep talking like im not there. Got discouraged ans left...thats oakland.
As far as sac ride...i wouldn't go there but u can offer half way there if u feel like it.
And for me...when someone wanna escape sf to go to palo alto i always offer i can take u to daily city and u get another uber since rates drop there...so its a win win...they save money i stay in the city.unless its a pre paid pool...no nonobonononnononono

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, very slow. I went over to Berkeley/Oakland and got a bunch of short rides. I did 13 rides for $72 in billings. Ridic.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'd refuse any ride north of Albany, east of Piedmont or south of San Leandro in east bay, and I'm being generous going that far.

Definitely not going to take them halfway to Sacramento and get a one star

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
So I'm sitting in downtown Oakland.

Three pings from coliseum. 1.3,1.6, and 1.0. (1.0 is not a typo)

Refused all. Didn't get booted off but manually turned off for sixty seconds.

Went back online. Sat there as I watched 100 drivers race to coliseum with rider app. Topped out at 2.3x

Its now gone, and never did get a ping in downtown.

Still need 16 rides. So that's five completed in three hours. A personal worst. Not even at $1 per mile.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Worst Saturday ever - 7 hours, 12 rides, $89 take home in SF (called it a day at 11pm) - Dead - Pings coming 15-20 min in between and a bunch of cancellations. Tomorrow is gonna be hard to finish PDB...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
figured it was gonna be dead... so I went to Lucky Chances.... made $350 playing poker in 3 hours
I should have, currently up $325 for the year, but only played eight nights.

It's a horrible per hour, but most profitable hobby I've had.

1:30am now, I've been home in Oakland since 11:30pm. Gonna go out and catch the 2am. At this point I've committed myself (at least mentally) to the 120, although I'm only at 104.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A pax just pinged me from the middle of Market St. The actual middle, you know, where you might jump on muni. I spun around when legally possible and parked my car on 9th street almost to Market. Sent a polite text about how it'll be next to impossible for me to pick up on Market. 4 minutes later I get a nasty call about how if I can get to 10th & Market then he'll see me there. Enjoy the cancel fee, ******eee

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
More and more drivers make it slower and slower. All these referrals coming back to bite us. Kidding of course not even sure how many driver hires come from referral but I'm certainly not going to spam my friends asking them to come to UBER too. Having said that I'm sure there was a lower number of available pax, people traveling for the holiday, many Students gone home for summer, this is expected. However there were of course still lots of people out yesterday and last night. Myself, I actually contacted support as I'd started noticing what seemed more like an issue than slowness. I'd been noticing that I'd show as online and after driving a bit I could press offline, then back online and magically suddenly have a new request within a minute. This happened over and over again to me Friday and Saturday. Last night it seemed worse. I'm willing to accept a bit of slow, but when I've driven on MLK from University Avenue in Berkeley to 20th in Oakland without a single request between 8:30-9:00 pm I just found this unrealistic so I opened support and asked if something was wrong in the system. The response was brief and simple but stated that it's a known issue that they're working to resolve.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
More and more drivers make it slower and slower. All these referrals coming back to bite us. Kidding of course not even sure how many driver hires come from referral but I'm certainly not going to spam my friends asking them to come to UBER too. Having said that I'm sure there was a lower number of available pax, people traveling for the holiday, many Students gone home for summer, this is expected. However there were of course still lots of people out yesterday and last night. Myself, I actually contacted support as I'd started noticing what seemed more like an issue than slowness. I'd been noticing that I'd show as online and after driving a bit I could press offline, then back online and magically suddenly have a new request within a minute. This happened over and over again to me Friday and Saturday. Last night it seemed worse. I'm willing to accept a bit of slow, but when I've driven on MLK from University Avenue in Berkeley to 20th in Oakland without a single request between 8:30-9:00 pm I just found this unrealistic so I opened support and asked if something was wrong in the system. The response was brief and simple but stated that it's a known issue that they're working to resolve.
Referal at 1k from uber and 500 from lyft are great.
I just refred 2 pimps..they will get their bonus and that about it.

Here is a rule
Everyone who dont make enough already works for uber.
Those who heard but make enough will not drive. Now when u offer them over 1k for some rides they will do it and stop anyways.
So you just making some money and technically not getting full time drivers

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
That can absolutely be true and I was joking around but yes truthfully there are more and more drivers everyday. It's apparent in the overall surge reductions over the past couple months. I was also posting more to the fact that there is also something going on on UBER's side with a known issue they're working on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts