Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how this is going to play out?
Do we pick up passengers from a set place to get the shuttle flat rates to the event?

Did anybody work this event last year?

·
Registered
361 Posts
i did it last year, cell service for att dont work down there.

it was a clusterfk

last year it was $50 and $100 flat rate to and from airport.

this year its only 35miles so $1 a mile. UBER on , LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received a text on Monday with the following flat rates to/from Tomorrowworld to/from Metro Atlanta area. Uber decal is required.
uberX $60
uberXL $80
uberSELECT $80
uberBlack $110
uberSUV $130

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine from the Uber office this week the guy was standing at the door handing them out.
1425 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd. #38 Atlanta, GA 30318 10am - 4pm

·
Registered
361 Posts
you will have better luck, doing $50 cash rides.. (from there). at night..

if you drop someone off, dont expect a ride return, unless its after 8pm -10pm

flat rates, dont start until FRIDAY.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is my take on it for this year.......

It is a clusterfk this year too. The traffic is horrendous. The "uber" dropoff/pickup is solid mud. The pax have to take a shuttle from there. The line was 2 hours long for the shuttle. I got no signal at all in that area. Not until several miles away. Best bet is actually to drop them at the East Gate and they can walk in from there, about a mile and a half.

Picked up there last night and took into Atlanta and got the $60 rate. Picked up around noon in Douglasville and dropped at the East Gate, and did not get paid the $60. I've put in a support ticket to try to get my money. We will see how that goes.

I personally have a group that has privately contracted with me to take them and pick them up each day for $50 each way. We figured out today, after trying the Uber dropoff area (since I have my tag) that the best bet was East Gate, so will do that the rest of the weekend.

I do not plan to try to do any additional rides during this time. To much hassle, and then have to fight for my money. And the traffic........

·
Registered
361 Posts
the uber lot/taxi lot is backed up so much, that folks started to walk the 3 miles to get inside, uber/lft drivers was doing $10 cash runs to and from the gate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live 8 miles away so I thought I'd head over and try and catch something that may be coming into the city. Left the house at 930 and at 1030 I was still 1.8 miles away from the lot. I made a U-TURN and came back home. Union City Police closed most of the roads to let traffic out but to get in there may have been 2 roads heading to the lot. On the way out I counted 20 Uber X in traffic. Definately a waste of time and poorly organized by Uber.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked up there last night and took into Atlanta and got the $60 rate. Picked up around noon in Douglasville and dropped at the East Gate, and did not get paid the $60. I've put in a support ticket to try to get my money. We will see how that goes.
Just a follow up to this. I put in the support ticket, and they verified it and adjusted my pay to give me the full $60 for that fare. So, if any of you are not getting the stated $60 rate, put in a support ticket to get it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I just dropped off tonight at TomorrowWorld

The designated area is the 'Taxi/Kiss and Ride' (follow the GPS).

The event organizers are then shuttling guests from there to the event (and I guess back to there). - Does not seem to be very well organized or managed by the event hosts.

My phone has no signal there (T-Mobile) - and could not close the trip - until about a mile back down the road, so definitely will not go back on the chance of a ride as I will not get ping with no signal.

But did get the flat $60 (or $61) ride from downtown.

·
Registered
361 Posts
why is union city police in another city?

i only got 2 AIRPORT to TW rides, only get $40 flat rate. (not the 60) on friday.

on thursday, same ride only got $33 fare.

·
Registered
39 Posts
why is union city police in another city?

i only got 2 AIRPORT to TW rides, only get $40 flat rate. (not the 60) on friday.

on thursday, same ride only got $33 fare.
I don't think the Chatt Hills Police have the manpower to cover the event. The nearest biggest police force is Union City. I would drop off at the event but it's not worth to pick up from at night.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts