Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
This is what we are up against.
This morning I "requested" an uber.
Bare in mind that on the driver app I was getting incessant pings at base.
Driver accepted from 20min away. I sent him a message to ask how long he would be as I need to get to the station asap. He kept driving towards me. I did him a favour and cancelled after 4min. What a f.ing moron!!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-hour_day

ergo.slv.vic.gov.au › Explore history › Fight for rights › Workers' rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvester_case

it all started here sunshine...waaay before any of that, yep good old Moomba been around
stonemasons at Melbourne uni apparently in 1850's
might want to do the sovereign hill mine tour - a few firsts there as well
check the quote in the last link on the sunshine harvester case:"of international significance"

it's the factory where scumshine got its name

·
Registered
190 Posts
So he took on the man... the business... the empire. He didn't exploit the customers, he didn't steal, he didn't behave in an unethical way

He was also an employee. Not a sole trader, not a sub-contractor. He demanded a higher pay, through his Govt and the courts

I heard the local taxi drivers went on strike for a morning and some drivers still treat their customers like crap and they got what they want too

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
This is what we are up against.
This morning I "requested" an uber.
Bare in mind that on the driver app I was getting incessant pings at base.
Driver accepted from 20min away. I sent him a message to ask how long he would be as I need to get to the station asap. He kept driving towards me. I did him a favour and cancelled after 4min. What a f.ing moron!!
Thats sick!!! From subcontinent, africa or middle east?

So he took on the man... the business... the empire. He didn't exploit the customers, he didn't steal, he didn't behave in an unethical way

He was also an employee. Not a sole trader, not a sub-contractor. He demanded a higher pay, through his Govt and the courts

I heard the local taxi drivers went on strike for a morning and some drivers still treat their customers like crap and they got what they want too
Bla Bla Bla

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Probably better that the privileged white trash tightarse pax that cancelled on him after 4mins and denied his cancellation fee
Why is that???
He took a 20 min ping...
16 mins into it he cancelled Driver would have been repinged immediately with an eta of 3-5 minutes after that!
saving the driver 11-13 minutes...
So actually he did him a favour.
You are a very very special person Slixx... Its such a shame to see the results of what happens when women drink during pregnancy!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why is that???
He took a 20 min ping...
16 mins into it he cancelled Driver would have been repinged immediately with an eta of 3-5 minutes after that!
saving the driver 11-13 minutes...
So actually he did him a favour.
You are a very very special person Slixx... Its such a shame to see the results of what happens when women drink during pregnancy!
There are people in this world far less privileged then spoiled brats living in Elwood and having a full day at their disposal to manipulate the surge or uber or pax, and everything in between.

May be that guy had a family to take care of and could on drive for a few non surge hours,: may be he had a situation that made him desperate, may be he had been waiting for a ping for so long....

And there are a million more maybes

If we are fortunate we ought to be thankful and considerate for others.

Fate and circumstances do not look at ethnicity before turning the tables over.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Correct... 8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-hour_day

ergo.slv.vic.gov.au › Explore history › Fight for rights › Workers' rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvester_case

it all started here sunshine...waaay before any of that, yep good old Moomba been around
stonemasons at Melbourne uni apparently in 1850's
might want to do the sovereign hill mine tour - a few firsts there as well
check the quote in the last link on the sunshine harvester case:"of international significance"

it's the factory where scumshine got its name
888.... Started here in Melbourne.

There are people in this world far less privileged then spoiled brats living in Elwood and having a full day at their disposal to manipulate the surge or uber or pax, and everything in between.

May be that guy had a family to take care of and could on drive for a few non surge hours,: may be he had a situation that made him desperate, may be he had been waiting for a ping for so long....

And there are a million more maybes

If we are fortunate we ought to be thankful and considerate for others.

Fate and circumstances do not look at ethnicity before turning the tables over.
And ,maybe he's just a Dumass driver that needs a good cold lesson on how to run and not run this game.
Hell be better for it ...when he learns to NOT accept a 20 min ping.!

·
Registered
256 Posts
T
Correct... 8

888.... Started here in Melbourne.

And ,maybe he's just a Dumass driver that needs a good cold lesson on how to run and not run this game.
Hell be better for it ...when he learns to NOT accept a 20 min ping.!
Agree, the list includes this probability as well. And hope this wasn't the case.

Got bombarded with pings from Fitzroy and Melbourne last night while on Bell street ... A good 15 - 20 mins away. I spent 7 minutes driving and got home.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
T

Agree, the list includes this probability as well. And hope this wasn't the case.

Got bombarded with pings from Fitzroy and Melbourne last night while on Bell street ... A good 15 - 20 mins away. I spent 7 minutes driving and got home.
I went out for 70 minutes, 4-5am... Took 5 <4.5 local base pings... (Perfect time/ ratings ratio)...
Travelled 14km total.... $40.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts