Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to trust Uber as an IT company to get the charges for tolls accurate. So I decided to check trip by trip this weekend. Turns out I was subsidizing the paxs.
First, Uber calculates the fares using the discounted toll tag, instead of zip cash rate.
Second, for some tolls like PGBH or the New I635 the system does include it at all as a tool road
When rates were high, and surge was occurring often, I did not care much. Now you keep cutting rates, I ll start looking at all holes. Uber God know how much money you took away from your trusting "partners"
Guys start paying attention to your records

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Uber will not reimburse for the new express-toll paths on any of the Dallas area highways. If your passenger asks you to take one, make sure they are willing and able to pay you in cash (or other form, if you can accept a credit card) to reimburse you for those expenses.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Send Uber an email about erroneous toll payments or missing toll gates. And get a TollTag or TxTag, although the TxTag may not get the full discount.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions. I already opened cases with Uber support to reimburse the missing toll payment. I also have the toll-tag. However, I believe the customer should pay full price since I am getting tips anyway

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Interesting. Here in Boston Uber overcharges the pax by charging them the cash toll price when most drivers use (and should be using) the EZPass transponder which gets a discount, so all my Uber tolls I was turning a profit on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to get the full charges credited back. However, I just dont like tracking and opening tickets any time I use the tolls

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Uber is pretty nice on tolls. My first toll ride was a request from SF to Sausalito. I was concerned that Uber would not cover toll on that since its going North on the Golden Gate (toll free direction). After drop off, a tourist with a rental bicycle broke his chains and needed a ride back to SF. So I turned into a bike rescue operation.

Turns out Uber paid for tolls on both of those rides so I made a profit! Now I don't sweat the toll thing. And I use FastTrak to get toll discount, heh heh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts