Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are tolls handled, especially TEXpress lanes? Do they reimburse automatically based on the route you actually take, or based on the route given within the app? If not, do you just send a snapshot of your tolltag account and get it reimbursed?

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are a number of threads on this topic. Sometimes they are reimbursed, 80% of the time they are not. What you need to do is verify after every trip that the tolls were charged to the writer. If they were not charged to the writer then you will need to request reimbursement through the app. More often than not they will not ask for proof and will just pay out. If they do ask for proof, send them a screenshot of the NTTA toll chart. I've heard of some people being reimbursed for the express lanes and some not. Unless pax offered cash, they get the free lanes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a number of threads on this topic. Sometimes they are reimbursed, 80% of the time they are not. What you need to do is verify after every trip that the tolls were charged to the writer. If they were not charged to the writer then you will need to request reimbursement through the app. More often than not they will not ask for proof and will just pay out. If they do ask for proof, send them a screenshot of the NTTA toll chart. I've heard of some people being reimbursed for the express lanes and some not. Unless pax offered cash, they get the free lanes.
Thanks, I did a search (probably should have mentioned that), but most were quite old so I wanted to make sure I had current info. I have gathered that Uber is frequently making changes that aren't in the driver's interest. Sounds like express lanes are worth avoiding, and probably other tolls unless they are major time savers.

For a "tech" company, they seem to be lacking. Seems to me an option to avoid or accept tolls should be available in the passenger app and that decision should be relaid to the driver app.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Exactly. ...they try to distract you while driving so you will not track your toll reimbursement. Last night, I started requests for reimbursement after I realized that uber owes me $153 in toll reimbursement. I have only received $30 so far with only $11 showing up in my profile. To top that off, uber decided to adjust the fare of a trip I took a month ago ....I guess to punish me. I have now maxed out my uber gas card and if they don't pay what they owe me, I will consider the fuel as compensation....BTW I am not driving another mile for them until they correct this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.