Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All - I appreciate your responses and experiences... I recently began driving for Uber (after a successful first month with Lyft also). Lyft never had a problem recognizing when I went on the SRT or DNT and always captures tolls. Foolishly, I assumed UBER did the same thing. However, a week into my driving, almost every single toll trip I have has NEVER been reimbursed? I emailed customer service to get reimbursement for 9 trips, and 5 they agreed, and 4 they denied, saying it needs to be within 3 days. (however, some were over 3 days they reimbursed - so there's definitely inconsistency).

In short, do you always have to email UBER to get tolls reimbursed? My reply to them was that I will now take my time, tell my PAX that I need to write down my exact odometer reading, turn on my timer on my phone, to ensure that my fare is correct. I assumed their technology is correct, but if I have to second guess everything, I suppose I will begin to bombard them with requests to reimburse small stupid details.

Thoughts? Aggravated...

CB

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always check your tolls.
If they fail to pay them double the amount and submit.
I think that's my next option - it really is somewhat non-sensical why they paid half and then half they deny (irrespective of the 3 day rule). Plus, one of my emails was "Dear {INSERT DRIVERS NAME HERE} - ... blah blah blah... I imagine customer service has a drop down menu on "How to screw the driver" - but at least give me the courtesy of typing my name in before you deny me

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think that's my next option - it really is somewhat non-sensical why they paid half and then half they deny (irrespective of the 3 day rule). Plus, one of my emails was "Dear {INSERT DRIVERS NAME HERE} - ... blah blah blah... I imagine customer service has a drop down menu on "How to screw the driver" - but at least give me the courtesy of typing my name in before you deny me
It's the only option......other than staying off toll roads. Uber will cheat you anyway they can. Tolls. Surge. Miles. Cancellations.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ask them for the policy on the 3 day reimbursement. There is not one. I just respond "Please escalate to a competent manager that can resolve this issue". And simply copy and paste until the issue is resolved.

Otherwise, just submit a new ticket where tolls were not added and add the tolls that they do not want to reimburse you for.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ask them for the policy on the 3 day reimbursement. There is not one. I just respond "Please escalate to a competent manager that can resolve this issue". And simply copy and paste until the issue is resolved.

Otherwise, just submit a new ticket where tolls were not added and add the tolls that they do not want to reimburse you for.
Thank You ALL for the advice! Felt like I was the odd man out, but clearly it's an issue

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after about a 4 hour battle with multiple (like 8) Uber support people, I can officially say I made more on toll reimbursement in front of my computer than I did driving yesterday! ($22). Thanks for the "escalation" ideas on this thread! Worked... after multiple requests and re-submissions. (and I know, I didnt drive much yesterday, but pointed out to me how important it is to keep track and monitor Uber payments)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Uber needed a screenshot and was quick to add the funds to my account.

I really do not want to micro-manage the toll issue and think Uber should be 100% on this problem.

Question is, do they have like a huge pool of unclaimed Toll money or what?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Uber needed a screenshot and was quick to add the funds to my account.

I really do not want to micro-manage the toll issue and think Uber should be 100% on this problem.

Question is, do they have like a huge pool of unclaimed Toll money or what?
It's rare, sometimes after you sent them some angry emails, the next trips will come with toll automatically, then after 5 trips again they steal the tolls.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's funny you would say that. After I complained last week to "Uber Help", they paid and since then I have seen some toll charges hit- still not 100% but they are charging the Pax SOMETIMES.

$1.25 sound right for R'son to Shops @ Legacy using Bush and N. Tollway?

Doesn't seem worth managing til I get that $80 hit on my tolltag.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just took another trip to airport a few minutes ago to DFW - app still didn't register tolls. Boy I was quick and waited in the Terminal C parking to resolve (plus I needed to kill the mandatory 8 minutes so I didn't get screwed on the $4 charge). Sent request to UBER, and they gave me some sass that the app automatically deducts tolls based on their wonderful technology. And that they would do me a one time favor to credit it (cause I didnt send in a screenshot)... but rest assured, the app knows when you pass through a toll. Just PLEASE keep an eye on your statements, often times I noticed they will credit the current fare, and others I have to wait for the weekly payment to show up on my statement, and I don't trust it's always being done, despite the helpdesk saying it was.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i agree, it is becoming a pain to ask for tolls refunded. i am having hard time getting 1$ difference when you pay 3$ at the airport and you get paid 2$ back. in almost all cases the guys are really screwed up and don't even know what they are saying or responding. someone in support told me not to wait at the parking lot and wait outside :).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts