Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Blame uber bonuses and people leaving as the weekend is over but we are getting to hump day. I did OK, my main goal was to quickly get to 100 trips for the gas card (dont like working during the day for X/Lyft) and I felt the lack of demand/surplus of drivers. Once I got to 100, I shut off uberX with and went back to select/lyft and was still slow of course but when i stopped doing uberX my net gross fares per hour went way up

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blame uber bonuses and people leaving as the weekend is over but we are getting to hump day. I did OK, my main goal was to quickly get to 100 trips for the gas card (dont like working during the day for X/Lyft) and I felt the lack of demand/surplus of drivers. Once I got to 100, I shut off uberX with and went back to select/lyft and was still slow of course but when i stopped doing uberX my net gross fares per hour went way up
Been driving since Sept. Finally qualify for a gas card. I got a question
Tho' have you used this card to pay inside the cashier? usually get coffee and cig. With my gas.
Used it first time, pay at the pump. Coffee and cig. I paid separate.
Usually I stage for long rides. But will dedicate a few days on the strip for X rides as well, thank for the tip!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wow! Driving UberX just for the gas card? You guys really are drinking the koolaid.o_O:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I worked from 5 pm (just after the rain) and had about 5 calls right off the bat, albeit small local rides, after 7 pm there was nothing...I finally gave up after 7 trips and $35 with a $5 tip. I don't usually drive those hours but thought I'd give it a try, at least I paid for my gas and beers for the night.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow! Driving UberX just for the gas card? You guys really are drinking the koolaid.o_O:rolleyes:
I was 12 rides away so, yeah.. and once I was done I went back to regularly scheduled programming, made $110 gross before a $20 tip on two rides and made me realize again that UberX disgracefully cheap, and the ppl here telling me I would make more money vs select on it are not only drinking the koolaid but they are also, clearly, ****ing stupid.

The gas card is free to use and can front you money IF you need it, with a slight discount on gas. The rebate will always kick in as I don't get value gas, and Chevron Supreme is often over $2.50... besides if I use the gas card because I want to keep my own personal cashflow untouched, that's my prerogative. The negativity surrounding it not giving ENOUGH back, other gas cards having larger rebates, are all personally subjective. Personally I want my expenses as far away from my own finances as possible

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was 12 rides away so, yeah.. and once I was done I went back to regularly scheduled programming, made $110 gross before a $20 tip on two rides and made me realize again that UberX disgracefully cheap, and the ppl here telling me I would make more money vs select on it are not only drinking the koolaid but they are also, clearly, &%[email protected]!*ing stupid.

The gas card is free to use and can front you money IF you need it, with a slight discount on gas. The rebate will always kick in as I don't get value gas, and Chevron Supreme is often over $2.50... besides if I use the gas card because I want to keep my own personal cashflow untouched, that's my prerogative. The negativity surrounding it not giving ENOUGH back, other gas cards having larger rebates, are all personally subjective. Personally I want my expenses as far away from my own finances as possible
It would be just easier getting the Citi Costco Visa card. It has a 4% rebate up to 7k in gas purchases. Costco has the cheapest Top Tier gas in the valley and you can also use the card at your favorite gas station out in town.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would be just easier getting the Citi Costco Visa card. It has a 4% rebate up to 7k in gas purchases. Costco has the cheapest Top Tier gas in the valley and you can also use the card at your favorite gas station out in town.
I don't use Costco gas. Arco is "top tier" and it literally burns faster, my MPG drops as soon as it goes in the tank and I start driving, repeatable with objective measurements.

I use Chevron only, and like I said I don't like crossing my personal finances. I try to use tips, my uber debit and my business debit as much as possible. I have a FleetCor card on the way but might cancel.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've tried all 3, (chevron, arco, costco) they all burn the same in my Lexus with no noticeable change in mpg. Now.. sitting out in this heat with the ac on will burn gas faster. I personally trust Costco more and it is the same gas as Chevron but much cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts