Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View here to read his story https://uberpeople.net/threads/driver-attacked-by-rider.48770/#post-651656

I feel bad for this driver, no excuse for this type of thing.. As I was mentioning but did not want to de-rail his thread, an app we are building will help solve these safety issues for drivers and riders. let me explain:

The app is called Rider (tryrider.com) I will not go into all the details with all the features, but I wanted to answer 1 persons question.

"How will your app solve this safety issue?"

Well, we believe its important to build relationships, and we think scheduling drivers is really useful, its an actual problem for me that I can't schedule drivers sometimes (airport trips, dates..etc). As a rider I can add drivers who have driven me from other ride sharing apps (people I would give 5 stars too) this allows me to build a trusted, private network of drivers that have already driven me. This creates the relationship and trust, I would never invite a driver I did not enjoy, and as a driver I would never accept an invite form a rider I did not like. (Drivers can invite good riders to the app to build their own trusted customer base)

Now both driver and riders can get/give rides to people they already know, it allows drivers to build their own private customer base, and it allows riders to build their own trust fleet of drivers they can schedule anytime. No worries over who the person is, no worries about if this person is drunk and will harm you or wreck your vehicle, and it's nice to have someone in the car you've met before (great conversation).

I hope this helps to clarify, and we are happy to answer any question you might have going further, but please sign up. www.tryrider.com

thanks,

Kori

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Thanks for your reply. However, it seems that your platform would need some type of hailing capability in order to become successful.

As a part-time driver, I am not out soliciting passengers on my own to build my own network. I rely on a platform like Lyft or Uber to act as a matchmaking service in order to create those opportunities.

Yes, both Lyft and Uber are sorely missing a pre-arranged/scheduling system; as well as the ability to choose specific driver(s) when desired. But I have my doubts a transportation platform can be successful without a hailing feature to match new passengers with drivers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. However, it seems that your platform would need some type of hailing capability in order to become successful.

As a part-time driver, I am not out soliciting passengers on my own to build my own network. I rely on a platform like Lyft or Uber to act as a matchmaking service in order to create those opportunities.

Yes, both Lyft and Uber are sorely missing a pre-arranged/scheduling system; as well as the ability to choose specific driver(s) when desired. But I have my doubts a transportation platform can be successful without a hailing feature to match new passengers with drivers.
Completely agree with you

1 thing to keep in mind, we are not trying to replace Uber or Lyft, we are a complimenting service, their is room for an app like this in the market according to our research. As a driver your day might look like this: You driver for Rider in the morning, fill the gaps, afternoon or evening with Uber? it all depends on when your scheduled. Drivers can also do food delivery too on Rider, I can ask you to grab me Subway or something.

With our app you can set your owe rates (no worry about surge prices) flat rate? sure. You can choose who you drive, when you drive, you can accept cashless tips, and one last big thing.. Our app is free to use, we don't take any % of your earnings. This is why we will grow, because drivers are going to make more money, and actually be their own boss on Rider. We are not worried about money, we are trying to do something big and bold, technology is cheap to run.

7 out of 10 drivers give me their business cards I can't do anything with that. You are not our demographic driver clearly, but we do "match make" we suggest riders to you who your Fb friends are driving, and we also allow rider who have never driven with you to book you, but they are connected to one or more of your current riders (FB friends). Its almost like a social network for driving, everyone is 1-2 degrees separated.

Cheers,

Kori

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Perfect, thanks. That clears it up. Sounds like a good niche to be filling; I know there are some startups planning to offer some level of driver+passenger connections. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts