Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What bargaining power will they have?
I can't imagine that they would have any. I don't know what has ever inspired people to think that Uber or Lyft cares about driver's demands. If we were to approach them with a Union backing, they would simply cut us off (terminate our contract, since we are independent contractors and all).

·
Registered
164 Posts
why you expect anyone to "take care about yours demands"? we still live in America or it just becomes super-nanny Sanders-style country?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why you expect anyone to "take care about yours demands"? we still live in America or it just becomes super-nanny Sanders-style country?
For starters, I don't expect anyone to take care of my demands. If I'm not happy, I don't drive, as is the case with me and Uber over the last few months. However, employers do have a responsibility in the country to allow their employees to air their grievances. That is where the question lies. If we are independent contractors, not employees, they don't owe us that opportunity, and thus, I don't know how the AFL-CIO, SEIU or any other for of a union would have much to offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts