Uber Drivers Forum banner

Will i get approved?

• approved

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • denied

Votes: 7 77.8%

TLC licence, will i get denied ? please helppppp !!!!

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  HumbleKid 
#1 ·
I applied for my Tlc license as of june 27,2016, i had my dmv licence revoked on november 24,2014. I also have a open case for smoking weed in the past which i have a court date for august 7th ,but its nothing serious, considering i was not convicted of a DUI, but refused a chemical test my DMV license was revoked for a year starting from nov 24 2014. I have 0 points on my license, no accidents, completed most of the tlc process , only thing left is WAV course and Test which is friday july 15th. Really nervous that i will get denied and would have spent close to $700 for no reason... any thoughts? helpp please!!!

#5 ·
I don't think there is a point in freaking out now. Is all in their hands right now, doesn't matter what people here think. I think you are hoping for reassurances that everything will be fine so you can calm down a little bit hence this post.

The best advice I can give you is to stop doing drugs, I'm willing to bet that's contributing to your current state of mind.

#7 ·
living in my car isnt going to be a problem :p , and smoking a little weed in my opinion isnt considered a "doing drugs" in my personal opinion.
Just because it doesnt matter what people think, id still like to hear what people have to say, just opinions.. thanks for your input.

#13 ·
The fingerprint background check will turn up any outstanding summons
court date's etc, You can take a chance and see what happens, imho as far
as TLC rules go weed will disqualify you.....why not just do Amazon Flex
or even Uber eats etc you can get a bicycle or a beat up car might cost you
about $1500 to $2k to get started just need commercial insurance on the
car, also the TLC insurance might be very expensive if you get the FHV
they will probably charge you a lot more to get a weekly rental.....

#15 ·
If your application is still active even after the fingerprints, they will probably force you to go to a Fitness Interview to question you about your convictions. They would have denied you WAYYYY before you got to take the class.

Sorry, but in New York State, it is a misdemeanor to refuse a a chemical test if the officer has suspicion to believe you are intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics.

however, because you do not have any dmv points i think they will just get you an interview with a TLC inspector. Don't be surprised if you get denied though.

#16 ·
It is actually not a misdemeanor to refuse a chemical test , it's not a criminal thing it's a dmv thing , which gets your license revoked for a year .. That being said I just got my wav course done , and passed my test today . So hoping I get approved , have court on August 9th for the smoking weed thing .. So idk what will happen regarding the application

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.