Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do mostly airport runs and that means longer trips. Pax not tipping. My car is immaculate, the back seat is extra roomy and comfortable, my driving very good, my appearance always professional, and conversation considered great by passengers. Consistent with a 4.90> rating. No tips. Tired of Lyft promoting drivers as "like your friends giving you a ride." Friends don't feel a need to tip friends. I'm going to start rating passengers down one star - minimum - for not tipping. Lyft needs to start promoting us as professional entrepreneurs not your new best friend! I'm not in this for friends. I'm in this for the income.

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
Do mostly airport runs and that means longer trips. Pax not tipping. My car is immaculate, the back seat is extra roomy and comfortable, my driving very good, my appearance always professional, and conversation considered great by passengers. Consistent with a 4.90> rating. No tips. Tired of Lyft promoting drivers as "like your friends giving you a ride." Friends don't feel a need to tip friends. I'm going to start rating passengers down one star - minimum - for not tipping. Lyft needs to start promoting us as professional entrepreneurs not your new best friend! I'm not in this for friends. I'm in this for the income.
Well, you need to adjust your attitude, my friend. Why would you give a potential tipping client a one star deduction because they didn't tip you this one time? There is a reason they aren't tipping and it may have nothing to do with you. Treat people the way you like to be treated, with respect, without expecting tips. Trust me on this. Your tips will come, you just need to adjust your attitude. No one's car is immaculate - what is an extra roomy backseat? One that has a bed? Very good driving? Ask for feedback from your PAX - I am terrified of being a passenger with some drivers that have never been in an accident. Your rating means nothing when it comes to tips. People appreciate people not numbers or ratings - a 4.9 rating is meaningless to Pax.

You are in this for the wrong reasons - if you 'genuinely' are in this business to provide a great service and make great friends your tips will naturally follow. If you are in this simply to make money the tips will not come. I made $125 in tips in the last 8 days because I treat my PAX like my friends - with respect. I consider each one to be my brother & sister. Change your attitude and the tips will come. Trust me!

·
Administrator
7,813 Posts
Ratings don't mean squat for pax. Drivers downrate pax for so many different reasons that in my territory we barely take ratings into consideration.

Every low rated pax I have driven has been a decent human being and most have tipped. If a low rating meant "pax is a ticking time-bomb" or "this pax groped me" I'd be more inclined to pay attention. In some areas it does however we get tourists from all over so there's no consistency in pax ratings.

I don't have the luxury of turning down trips just because someone doesn't tip.

Tired of Lyft promoting drivers as "like your friends giving you a ride." Friends don't feel a need to tip friends.
This statement I wholeheartedly agree with.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I 100% agree with the pax rating. I hate hearing when someone low rates a pax for not tipping. I get lots of in app tips and I don't see it until I've rated. So if people rate based on cash tips it messes up the system.

I'll get my tip if I earn it, assuming the pax isn't a stiffer, but the rating should tell me whether the pax is a freak or not.

I ALWAYS tip my drivers as a pax and I never carry cash because it's not 1995.

·
Banned
2,772 Posts
Well, you need to adjust your attitude, my friend. Why would you give a potential tipping client a one star deduction because they didn't tip you this one time? There is a reason they aren't tipping and it may have nothing to do with you. Treat people the way you like to be treated, with respect, without expecting tips. Trust me on this. Your tips will come, you just need to adjust your attitude. No one's car is immaculate - what is an extra roomy backseat? One that has a bed? Very good driving? Ask for feedback from your PAX - I am terrified of being a passenger with some drivers that have never been in an accident. Your rating means nothing when it comes to tips. People appreciate people not numbers or ratings - a 4.9 rating is meaningless to Pax.

You are in this for the wrong reasons - if you 'genuinely' are in this business to provide a great service and make great friends your tips will naturally follow. If you are in this simply to make money the tips will not come. I made $125 in tips in the last 8 days because I treat my PAX like my friends - with respect. I consider each one to be my brother & sister. Change your attitude and the tips will come. Trust me!
Hogwash!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Put out a tip sign. Lots of pax think we are Uber employees and the tip is included.
Then maybe Lyft should remind them they don't automatically include tips? I thank all my pax up front for riding with Lyft and me. Always. I thank them again at the conclusion of the ride.

Then maybe Lyft should remind them they don't automatically include tips? I thank all my pax up front for riding with Lyft and me. Always. I thank them again at the conclusion of the ride.
Trust you? Don't make me laugh. lol It's not my attitude. It's the cheap pax especially the business pax from the airport. They know what's up. They complain to me all the time uber, taxi drivers, etc. I started this last week docking each passenger one star who doesn't tip. If the pax seems to be financially challenged, like an elderly person I took to the doctor's office, then I don't dock a star if they don't tip. Again, this is how I pay the bills.

Thank you! My sentiments exactly!

Ratings don't mean squat for pax. Drivers downrate pax for so many different reasons that in my territory we barely take ratings into consideration.

Every low rated pax I have driven has been a decent human being and most have tipped. If a low rating meant "pax is a ticking time-bomb" or "this pax groped me" I'd be more inclined to pay attention. In some areas it does however we get tourists from all over so there's no consistency in pax ratings.

I don't have the luxury of turning down trips just because someone doesn't tip.

How would you know someone didn't tip? There's no app for that.

This statement I wholeheartedly agree with.

Yeah, my backseat is roomy. What does that mean? It means it's a sedan and not a compact where a guy who is 6 feet tall doesn't have his legs up in his chest. And yes, my car is immaculate; i.e., cleaned daily, including between rides. Pax comment on it all the time. No I'm in this for the right reasons: A paycheck. If I want to make friends I'll go join a social club and stop the wear and tear on my car and the money I'm spending on gasoline. All my pax are treated with respect. It is THEY who do not show respect back via even a small tip! They cannot be so ignorant of the tipping culture in the U.S.

·
Banned
2,772 Posts

Only $125 in tips over 8 days? Wow! That sucks. I average $25-$35 in tips per day/shift. Why? 'Cause this is a hustle, and if you don't know how to play it right, well then your kind of numbers show up!

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Passenger ratings are there for you. If it makes you feel better 1 star away.....

Much better that you 1 star a passenger versus get confrontational or argumentative. Remember we can always change a rating but its very hard to win back a paying customer.

Frequent low rating of passengers is a lot like pushing the elevator button again and again...feels good.

·
Administrator
7,813 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts