Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A-hole drivers who rate passengers 1-star for no reason. It's usually the drivers who have real low ratings. They are just rating everyone low for kicks.

/ rant over

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
No. We are rating them liw because these cheap pricks will not tip if you bend over backwards. How does uber enforce better quality service while discouraging the only reason we had to perform better? If i feel like i was taken advantage of i would rate everyone 1 star. I never feel like this riding in an suv but i did try uber x for a while and nobody got 5 stars.

·
Registered
841 Posts
A-hole drivers who rate passengers 1-star for no reason. It's usually the drivers who have real low ratings. They are just rating everyone low for kicks.

/ rant over
pax are not supposed to tip so low rating them makes no sense. we should punish them when they are late, lousy, disrespectful, damage your property etc... our problem is with the service provider not the customer and a lot of drivers don't get it. Instead of giving them a low rating just man up and tell them tip is not included and much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. We are rating them liw because these cheap pricks will not tip if you bend over backwards. How does uber enforce better quality service while discouraging the only reason we had to perform better? If i feel like i was taken advantage of i would rate everyone 1 star. I never feel like this riding in an suv but i did try uber x for a while and nobody got 5 stars.
Nope. That's not what I'm talking about. There are many dirty, disgruntled drivers out there. They drive filthy cars, reeking of smoke and stale coffee, and they rate riders 1-star just for kicks ... even after getting a tip. They are just angry, disgruntled drivers. This is how they feel better about themselves.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Nope. That's not what I'm talking about. There are many dirty, disgruntled drivers out there. They drive filthy cars, reeking of smoke and stale coffee, and they rate riders 1-star just for kicks ... even after getting a tip. They are just angry, disgruntled drivers. This is how they feel better about themselves.
Go drive in manhattan for an hour and get paid 12.56$ for doing it fully loaded for an hour and come back to discuss how you feel

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This thread isn't an attack on anyone here. Most here don't seem to work this way, hopefully. But this wave of pure disgruntled drivers exist and they are giving all drivers a bad name. They are simply disgruntled beyond reasoning. Believe me I know, I ride TNCs every single day. I have seen it all after 1,100+ rides. It's just pathetic.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go drive in manhattan for an hour and get paid 12.56$ for doing it fully loaded for an hour and come back to discuss how you feel
I drive.

You are missing the point. Highly.

If you are taking this personally then it's obvious you are one of those who rate everyone a 1-star for no apparent reason.

Anyway. Now that riders can see their rating before having to rate their last ride, it's easy to return the favor. A 1-star to a driver is more harmful than the 1-Star to their rider.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I drive.

You are missing the point. Highly.

If you are taking this personally then it's obvious you are one of those who rate everyone a 1-star for no apparent reason.

Anyway. Now that riders can see their rating before having to rate their last ride, it's easy to return the favor. A 1-star to a driver is more harmful than the 1-Star to their rider.
I am fully aware of what you are saying. You are missing the only point. That point is at the end of a tip. No not that point. The point of a tip is what i am missing

·
Registered
164 Posts
well are we not getting screwed by society? you can give anyone whatever rating you want. it barely matters anyways. its all part of the game they created both drivers and passengers can rate whatever the hell they want for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
you can give anyone whatever rating you want. it barely matters anyways. its all part of the game they created both drivers and passengers can rate whatever the hell they want for whatever reason.
Yep it's so senseless it's used as a revenge mechanism by disgruntled riders and drivers. Yes there are many genuine grievences on both sides (more so for the drivers), but there has to be some common sense...everyone is an adult but of course that's not how it works in society. Common sense has gone out the window and more and more riders/drivers behave poorly day by day.

Sure we can sit and complain here about riders and TNCs every chance we get but it's silly to believe all drivers are angels or that all drivers will become angels with better rates. People are how they are...but at the end of the day they are not working for free. Let's not twist this into another discussion about super low rates. It's about common courtesy from both sides. I find it stupid to see drivers giving a 1-star purely out of their hatred for TNC or that they are driving a taxi. I used to give all drivers a 5 even the real bad ones 'cause I don't wanna be the reason their rating goes down and their livelihood is compromised but as of late I don't care..I just return their favor. Give respect. Get respect.

·
Banned
274 Posts
pax are not supposed to tip so low rating them makes no sense. we should punish them when they are late, lousy, disrespectful, damage your property etc... our problem is with the service provider not the customer and a lot of drivers don't get it. Instead of giving them a low rating just man up and tell them tip is not included and much appreciated.
You pay peanuts you get monkeys

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Not always true.. whenever I take an Uber I always tip 20% and just sit quietly and my rating is like 4.4...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't take any request below 4.5 but in these days so hard to see someone over 4.4x. Anyway this is proven in my own experience anyone below 4.5 could be an real a-hole, and taking those requests can also drop your rating real quick. I suggest you guys don't pick them up and also don't rate anyone down because they dont tip

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I don't take any request below 4.5 but in these days so hard to see someone over 4.4x. Anyway this is proven in my own experience anyone below 4.5 could be an real a-hole, and taking those requests can also drop your rating real quick. I suggest you guys don't pick them up and also don't rate anyone down because they dont tip
But then what happens to me =(
I dont believe that for a second. You tip you get 5 stars even if you are late
Bro how do you want me to prove it? Lol like I drove cab for a while.. I know to tip my drivers.. my rating might be low because I don't use Uber frequently but I'll promise you I tip 20% lol..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts