Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Lou, before I drove I took Uber to the airport with my friend who said we didn't need to tip, it felt extremely odd not to give this guy a few bucks, it really did, I can't emphasize that enough. Most parts of the service industry have tips as part of the equation, most know that the minimum wage is not going to cut it. As a restaurant manager I would advise diners if they really pressed the matter that part of the reason you visit is because you presumably know the service is excellent, for that to continue the staff have to be rewarded appropriately according to the industry standards, they pay a percentage of the total bill, if they don't get tips on a regular basis they will be working for your pleasure only!
Uber riders know what they are doing and know how they feel about it, pretty cheap, just to correct a little ambiguity or misinformation is not going to make me feel bad if it becomes widely known that no tip equals 3 or 4 star rating, we are not kidding anybody here, they know as they step out of the car, they know we know, there should be a minor penalty for conveniently avoiding what is obvious when its at the expense of another.

· Registered
167 Posts
I kind of get it Lou, don't disagree with you but I rarely look at a riders ratings mostly because I don't work after it gets dark, so I didn't really think of that aspect of rating a no tipper lower.
I cannot get over the cheap feeling I got when letting the Uber drive off at the airport, if it happened to me then I doubt others are feeling different about it.
How do you get repeat customers, you just happen to be the closest each time they request?
Uber know what they are doing, I'll try to battle them but I get that its part of their cashless genre even if its a shitty one, I use Uber as an opportunity to promote two existing revenue streams I have just as they use me.....it makes me feel a little better about things...hehe.

· Registered
167 Posts
hehe..Good for you Lou, milk it until you don't need 'em anymore....in my car last week was the financial analyst for a listed international transportation company for the whole of S America, a lawyer from a firm that advisers the banking industry, a consultant who deals with how venture capitalists once they have pounced on a group of companies 'streamlines' all the disparate parts, apart from the run of the mill realtors, a boat captain and an actress (for telenovellas so not a real one lol) etc etc., sitting right next to me in my car .....I'm not talking Dolphins or Trump to these guys.
Because I'm just a driver I'm sure they open up more than they should, kinda a therapy session for their miserably stressful lives!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.