Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I average 60 or more per week only on lyft and working 40-45 hrs a week, oh also my over $200 in 20% bonus money that I get back as well. Screw uber!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I average 60 or more per week only on lyft and working 40-45 hrs a week, oh also my over $200 in 20% bonus money that I get back as well. Screw uber!!
I'm down to signup for Lyft. Just waiting for the new driver referral to increase. Not doing it for $100, f that.

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I put up a tipping sign a few month's ago.. It definitely helps... Tips have increased.. You will however find yourself rating PAx lower because you can almost always tell when they're done reading the sign.. Then you think to yourself " You read the sign or we discussed it and you still didn't at least bullshit your way out by saying you have no cash"

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I put up a tipping sign a few month's ago.. It definitely helps... Tips have increased.. You will however find yourself rating PAx lower because you can almost always tell when they're done reading the sign.. Then you think to yourself " You read the sign or we discussed it and you still didn't at least bullshit your way out by saying you have no cash"
I got a guy today that right before drop off he asked about tipping and then said how he didn't get why Uber didn't have in app tipping and then didn't tip lol. I don't mind too much since it was a 35 minute trip that paid me $52 but I thought for sure he was going to throw me a little paper
Back on subject I have noticed that the last month my cash tips have gone up. It's still only 1 of 10 that tip but larger outs $5 to $20. I'd say I average out just under a buck a ride for the week last week

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone noticed that uber passengers have been tipping more and more I used to never get tips now I average 100 in tips in a weekend
Go to square
U can also download the APP. Allows u to accept credit cards for tips. Also whenever a pax asks about driving for uber I tell them about the SQUARE - they immediately whip out the plastic and tip 5-10 bucks on the square...

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Go to square
U can also download the APP. Allows u to accept credit cards for tips. Also whenever a pax asks about driving for uber I tell them about the SQUARE - they immediately whip out the plastic and tip 5-10 bucks on the square...

99% are NOT going to stop.. and let a stranger run their card through your Square APP.. No debate it ain't happening... Put up a sign.. It helps.. Not with millenials though..All they do is conspire in the back of my car on how to cheaply get moved around the city..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go to square

99% are NOT going to stop.. and let a stranger run their card through your Square APP.. No debate it ain't happening... Put up a sign.. It helps.. Not with millenials though..All they do is conspire in the back of my car on how to cheaply get moved around the city..
I won't tip on Square. Well, maybe if you have a chip reader. I'd have to research that one, and I won't think about it if I have some appropriately sized bills. Swipe? No way. I could probably just disassemble the square app and figure out how to use the reader to clone cards. If not just hack up a mag strip reader to look like a square reader and clone cards. I'm sure someone's already done it. Not for cabbies either... unless maybe I snap a photo of your hack face first. I always have some cash on me though, so no thinking about square chips so far. I guess I'm a little old school. Got change? I usually do, but sometimes I have to break a $20.

tl;dr Cash is King!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm amazed, Uber tips have completely gone away. I have been back on Uber for a couple weeks after driving only Lyft for a while. Last week and this week, I have ZERO tips with a 4.95 rating. Wow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts