Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys!
If ur ubering in montreal, sometimes you got stopped by btm (bureau de taxi) even without clients. Well, your plate is booked. 2015 alone, btm towed 900 UBERX.

Tip 1:
Don't be fooled by uber supporting media, we are doing illegal client transportation. SO Don't do it obvious. Recently, Uber's app changes the ping sound for that reason. HIDE YOUR SMART PHONE!

Tip 2:

TRY NOT TO CONFRONT TAXIS. Some of my friends picked up clients right in front of taxi stand. Immagine that they pay 7$/h just to sit in that car and look at their clients gone. Taxi drivers took the pictures of your plates then reported to btm. You are cooked. Soon or later, btm agents will stop you. ( my own experience)

Tip 3

Downtown is dangerous. It is up to you. No risk no gain.

Tip 4
Never trust clients.
Recently, btm hired 120 clients to take uber and taxi service. ( read the news) They dress in normal fits and are always busy with their ''smart phones''. Chance is that nothing will be happening at the end but they know who u r and the car you drive.

Tip 5.
If you are cooked, after the verdicts, even uber pays everything, don't Uber again. If you got 3rd times, you are criminal. Period. My lawyer told me that (of course uber lawyer never said, but i consult my good private lawyer.) If you are screwed ONCE, don't even think of driving class 1 license up grade. You are some kind of criminal for illegal transport in SAAQ file. Uber is not helping you on that.

These are facts. My own experience. Being well-informed is better than nothing.
Good luck!
If you have more tips pls post here to help our fellows. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do. At 3 am i saw towing on st laurent street.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Uberslop for all the info, I am specially interested in the part about class 1 licenses.

When I was in the uber offices, I specifically asked about all the cars being towed. They told me that our licenses are not affected? They would not be suspended and we would not lose any points.

Would you be able to elaborate a bit on how what the SAAQ does after an uber driver gets towed?

I will send an email to uber asking this question directly as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically, btm and saaq are 1.
Uber is a company, not the government.
Anyway, ask your lawyer like I did.
I don't know why but when I want to get class 1, they told me no since I did illegal transport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are cooked, after the verdicts, even uber pays everything, don't Uber again. If you got 3rd times, you are criminal. Period. My lawyer told me that (of course uber lawyer never said, but i consult my good private lawyer.) If you are screwed ONCE, don't even think of driving class 1 license up grade. You are some kind of criminal for illegal transport in SAAQ file. Uber is not helping you on that.

Good luck!
If you have more tips pls post here to help our fellows. Thanks![/QUOTE]

PLS I need an advice.
Im professional driver cls 1 - its dangerous if they catch me?
im not sure what its about?
Thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys!
If ur ubering in montreal, sometimes you got stopped by btm (bureau de taxi) even without clients. Well, your plate is booked. 2015 alone, btm towed 900 UBERX.

Tip 1:
Don't be fooled by uber supporting media, we are doing illegal client transportation. SO Don't do it obvious. Recently, Uber's app changes the ping sound for that reason. HIDE YOUR SMART PHONE!

Tip 2:

TRY NOT TO CONFRONT TAXIS. Some of my friends picked up clients right in front of taxi stand. Immagine that they pay 7$/h just to sit in that car and look at their clients gone. Taxi drivers took the pictures of your plates then reported to btm. You are cooked. Soon or later, btm agents will stop you. ( my own experience)

Tip 3

Downtown is dangerous. It is up to you. No risk no gain.

Tip 4
Never trust clients.
Recently, btm hired 120 clients to take uber and taxi service. ( read the news) They dress in normal fits and are always busy with their ''smart phones''. Chance is that nothing will be happening at the end but they know who u r and the car you drive.

Tip 5.

Good luck!
If you have more tips pls post here to help our fellows. Thanks!
Hi Uberslop! My name is Katy Schneider and I am a reporter at New York magazine. We are doing a big piece on Uber drivers and were hoping to interview you on tips and tricks you use to avoid getting caught by the police in Montreal. I would love to find some time to chat with you in the next couple of days. Please message me back here or email me at katyds17 (gmail address). Or call, at 212-508-0584. thanks so much!
Best,
Katy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts