Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wth are these tips that you guys speak of? Must be either driver or life tips that yall are receiving.

I pack/unpack luggage on airport trips.
I offer water.
I keep my car clean.

I had 4 ppl try and split an $8 bill on their credit cards once.

And ppl love the I wanna tip, but no cash on me scenario.

Idk maybe i'm just a shitty driver. But ppl don't tip w/ Uber.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wth are these tips that you guys speak of? Must be either driver or life tips that yall are receiving.

I offer water.
I keep my car clean.

4 people split an $8 ride. Jeeeez and I thought I was poor and unemployed as an Uber driver. Lolol

·
Banned
919 Posts

I offer water.
I keep my car clean.

First, stop giving out free shit. I tell pax I will give out the water when I get my supply from uber. 2nd, get a square reader on your phone for those that just never seem to have cash. If they balk after you offered to help them tip with a credit xard, they were lying to you and you give them 2 stars for being a ******.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Most tips come from the party people.
So does most of the bad ratings.
Drunk people cannot be careful with their money and the ratings.

I have a spreadsheet where I measure my "Uber Success Level" by multiplying my Earnings to my Ratings for a certain period of time.

If the end result is above average, I did good. I might have made a lot of money but risked my ratings. As long as the multiplication of it is above average, I am OK. If I made less money and got hit in ratings, this formula exposes it very fast and I try to correct what might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Uber = hardly any tips. Lyft is much more common. For Uber I got a Square account, Pax that said they don't have cash tipped me on credit card.

Reactions: ocbob2

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
One of my 4 tips was a lady late at night with an apron, just out in a hard day of work.
That speaks to something. I am a better tipper because of my experience here. Car wash guys scooped up a few bucks this week.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That's what I average for the week. Some tips are 50% and some don't tip at all. Same game I played in restaurant, averaged 20% but some were over and some were under. Give consistent service and it all balances out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
267 trips, $123.00 in tips so far. The tips have come on mostly weekdays as I only work about one weekend a month. Most are small tips, but biggest was $20.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts