Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this is somewhere I couldn't find quickly but I'm curious about the people who drive for both Uber and Lyft at the same time. Is it just a matter of going off-line on one app when you receive a request on the other? And what are the odds of receiving requests at the same time, one from each app?

I'm sure it's simple, but then sometimes what seems like it should be simple is actually the most complex LOL. So just thought I'd check ahead with people who have experience before doing it

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I use 2 phones. 1 phone for each Uber & Lyft. IF both requests coming at the same time, i choose Lyft. Unless Uber is surging, then i choose Uber.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I use 2 phones. 1 phone for each Uber & Lyft. IF both requests coming at the same time, i choose Lyft. Unless Uber is surging, then i choose Uber.
Can you ran both apps on the same phone or run one on the phone and one on a tablet tether to the phone?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
You can run both apps on the same phone. I seen some people tether a tablet from the phone.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I run both apps on one phone and when I get a ride shut the other app off. I have many times received a ping from both before I could shut one off and I always cancel the uber ride and take the Lyft ride.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Only suggestion i have is, not to be driving while running both apps . I learn the hard way trying to turn off a app after accepting while driving. If I am parked it is no problem accepting one and shutting down the other
you crash vehicle?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I run both apps at the same time on 2 separate phones.
When I get a ping on one, I shut the other off.
In case of a simultaneous ping, I take the Lyft ride unless Uber is surging
(pretty rare the last few days).
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
When I used to drive for Eewber I ran both off the same phone. If I got a ping and accepted it, I would just turn off the other app until the trip was over. Never had any issues with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts