Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advise on how to request and receive tips from PAX? and what is the highest cash tip you have received so far and how often are you tipped?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Haven't you gone through the training?

It is prohibited to request tips from PAX. Moreover - as per Uber instructions you have to reject any tips, even if someone gives them to you. And only if pax insist, you can accept it not to anger the customer.

Tips are almost non-existent in Toronto.

We already had a massive discussion on this:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/how-many-drivers-get-tipped.28959/

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tell every passenger this is your first uber trip. Then ask them if they know how to end the trip after you drop them off. Then say when you take a cab you always tip. Ask them cluelessly if there are tips with uber. Then ask them if there is a tip option on there phone because you have never been a passenger before.

If the pax has money now and want to tip you because you did a good job/took a good route etc they will remember to tip. If they don't have cash on them then they simply can't tip.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Tell every passenger this is your first uber trip.
Unless passengers are extremely and utterly dumb, they would realize that it is impossible for a driver with less than a 5.0 rating (and that is every driver who has done more than a dozen trips) to have a first trip.

Such blatant lie from a driver to a passenger would infuriate me as a rider, not only resulting in no tip, but also a 1 star rating to the driver on the spot. So I would highly discourage anyone lying about this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
they dont realize..no one remembers what ur rating is or checks it once they get in the car. Also, once you have done enough rides, the rating system becomes useless. after so many rides no matter what rating you get it will barely budge.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really ask for tips but I have been getting lots of tips of late, some I reject and some I'm tempted to accept, but I was curious about how other drivers deal with it, it's a good cash flow.

I receive $2, $5, $20.... I got one that blew my brains away. A $45 ride from a PAX who tipped $145 cash. Didn't count the cash till I got home.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Wow, you must really provide a great service if you receive tips on a constant basis. Way to go!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't really ask for tips but I have been getting lots of tips of late, some I reject and some I'm tempted to accept, but I was curious about how other drivers deal with it, it's a good cash flow.

I receive $2, $5, $20.... I got one that blew my brains away. A $45 ride from a PAX who tipped $145 cash. Didn't count the cash till I got home.
Did you offer a ******* ? Lol

·
Registered
115 Posts

It's just not realistic for someone to tip $145 on a $45 ride

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
103 Dollar tip on a 60 dollar ride. However I thought it was a mistake,so the next morning I went ot the PAX home and asked if he knew he tipped me 103 dollars.
He did not. The 100 was a mistake. He said " keep it! ", YEs!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not realistic, sure but he did. There were from a BBQ and we stopped at a McDonald's , and yes they bought me a Big Mac, I forgot to mention that it was their first ride and the wife was curious to know how uber works... Lol

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Tell them it's your birthday, I'm sure that'll get u some tips. Or not, still, worth a try.
Worked wonders on my birthday tip wise and ratings wise. probably 10 tips in 18 rides or so. All 5*
I don't have it in me to use it on a day other than my bday. But if I was facing ratings problems I might consider it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got an accidental $20 tip once when a guy I drove to pick up pot left it in the carpet he was leaving my car. I coukdve said something as I see him dropping the bill on the way out but I chose to be "slow".

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Biggest tip I ever got out of my 800 rides was I believe 2 dollars.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i ve gotten about 8 twenty dollar tips so far also maybe 15 five dollar tips.The get loonies and twonnies every couple of days.Lots of new pax in burbs they are use to tipping the taxis,so they continue to tip

1 - 20 of 27 Posts