Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
People are paying less than half off price of taxi plus nicer cars with amenities and still complaining. People now should know tips are welcomed. I have started taking out couple stars who dont tip, especially on the long trip since we have to come back dead miles to the city

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I really hate to say it, but the pax from whom I'm most likely to receive a tip are cancer patients going to or from MD Anderson. Often, they are true Southerners, and in the South it's not polite to decline an offered tip.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People are paying less than half off price of taxi plus nicer cars with amenities and still complaining. People now should know tips are welcomed. I have started taking out couple stars who dont tip, especially on the long trip since we have to come back dead miles to the city
Really? Lately I have been getting more tips but in the end, Uber has conditioned riders to believe that the "tip is included". I also don't see the point in penalizing a passenger by giving them fewer stars because you had a long ride and there may be dead miles ahead.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I really hate to say it, but the pax from whom I'm most likely to receive a tip are cancer patients going to or from MD Anderson. Often, they are true Southerners, and in the South it's not polite to decline an offered tip.
Yeah, I almost always get tipped from pepole going through treatment at M.D. Anderson. Had a really nice, older couple that came from Oklahoma and we're staying in their R.V. at that R.V. park on Main. Gave me a $20 tip. I tried to refuse, but they insisted. Sad that the most humble people are the one's going though probably their toughest time in their life.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I almost always get tipped from pepole going through treatment at M.D. Anderson. Had a really nice, older couple that came from Oklahoma and we're staying in their R.V. at that R.V. park on Main. Gave me a $20 tip. I tried to refuse, but they insisted. Sad that the most humble people are the one's going though probably their toughest time in their life.
Yup, bartenders and waiter are great tippers and any Uber driver should be. A while ago I picked up a young woman who just ended her shift at the Waffle House on 518 in Pearland. I drove her home to somewhere in the boonies of Pearland and she insisted on giving me a $5 tip. I tried to refuse but she was adamant. Between the ride and tip, that was probably a decent chunk of her pay that night but I felt better when she told me working during the rodeo was fantastic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Really? Lately I have been getting more tips but in the end, Uber has conditioned riders to believe that the "tip is included". I also don't see the point in penalizing a passenger by giving them fewer stars because you had a long ride and there may be dead miles ahead.
Too bad, they are getting few stars my brother. We live in a country where tipping is a cultural thing. And when you are providing a nice service to your pax like lifting their heavy bags, driving clean nicer cars, going drive thrus, multiple stops, friendly drivers who smell nice and is polite, phone chargers, aux cord, and what not. They use them all. Uber has started educating by saying tip is not included. Saying "YOU ARE GETTING 5 STARS!" at the end of the ride wont pay bills

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yup, bartenders and waiter are great tippers and any Uber driver should be. A while ago I picked up a young woman who just ended her shift at the Waffle House on 518 in Pearland. I drove her home to somewhere in the boonies of Pearland and she insisted on giving me a $5 tip. I tried to refuse but she was adamant. Between the ride and tip, that was probably a decent chunk of her pay that night but I felt better when she told me working during the rodeo was fantastic.
You had the exception. Most talk about how they live on tips, but Uber has them brainwashed into not tipping.

Time to whip up a patch of anti Kool Aid serum for their consumption.

RC

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You had the exception. Most talk about how they live on tips, but Uber has them brainwashed into not tipping.

Time to whip up a patch of anti Kool Aid serum for their consumption.

RC
Not exception .... It's how one plays it.

When I find my pax works at a restaurant, always tell them about my kid who's a bartender, & the great tips she makes. Have never failed to get a tip from a restaurant worker :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts