Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was tip baited again, third time in six months. Food was ready as soon as I arrived at the restaurant, I kept the food in a cooler to keep it warm on the 6 minute drive, verified the address upon arrival, made sure the cooler was in the picture, and made sure the food was off to the side of the customer's outward swinging door. No reason why the customer should have turned a $15 delivery into a $3 delivery. Uber Eats makes you wait over an hour to see the finalized tip, but at that point no longer allow you to rate the customer or delivery?? Does Uber even track or penalize habitual tip cancelers?

· Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
8,475 Posts
Last night I was tip baited again, third time in six months. Food was ready as soon as I arrived at the restaurant, I kept the food in a cooler to keep it warm on the 6 minute drive, verified the address upon arrival, made sure the cooler was in the picture, and made sure the food was off to the side of the customer's outward swinging door. No reason why the customer should have turned a $15 delivery into a $3 delivery. Uber Eats makes you wait over an hour to see the finalized tip, but at that point no longer allow you to rate the customer or delivery?? Does Uber even track or penalize habitual tip cancelers?
the more people you run into
the more likely one is gonna be an asshole
Looks like it was your day

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Sucks for sure , I have a long memory , and that customer would wait a super long time next time

· Registered
2,045 Posts
You know.where they live, so just go over there and ....

....leave a nice letter explaining what happened and why your tip was reduced so you know what the problem was.

This is why I don't do delivery, unless it's as an Uber. If they want it there that bad...

But food? Oh no, that's a problem. Booze and cigarettes, a vape or two, a drop off or pickup of a item they forgot, pets to the vet ice etc. sure no problem.

Food? It could be cold, cooked wrong, crap put into the food etc. Help my Uber driver poisoned me! How can you prove it wasn't you? They opened up the packaging breaking the seals. What you going to do? Video the entire delivery?

****em, let them starve. It's their fault for not thinking ahead.

· Premium Member
9,911 Posts
Either your numbers are off or Uber's changed their tipping policy.

Unless something's changed the most a driver can lose to tip-baiting is $8. You claim to have lost $12.

· Registered
23 Posts
I was baited last week. I accepted a $10.36 delivery for about 4.5 miles hoping for a hidden. The tip never came thru, so I called uber to find out about it. The agent said the tip was exactly $8 and the customer retracted it (that makes me think the customer knows about hidden tips). And customers don't have to give a reason for retracting. I made $2.36. It's bullsh**.

· Premium Member
2,080 Posts
This is why I do X over Eats!

After the third time, it happened to me I said what is the point of delivering food in Houston when Uber allows the Pax to Tip Bait the driver?

Never had that problem in Austin but in Houston, it is becoming common as can be.

My advice is to use Doordash as your food delivery app and Uber for your Pax app and see how that works out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts