Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving and just not getting tips... 12 to 14 pax a day and ,maybe just 1 tips.... today I has business men, tourists, local couples going to eat out, college kids but no pools.....

the only tip was from a guy with gold teeth I picked up at a sleazy motel, he went to Subway picked up a few sandwiches, then he changed Destination, off to a local strip bar where he gave one of the dancers a sandwich....then changed destination again and off to the gym....meanwhile he asked if he could eat his sandwich in the car and he handed me $5...I said yeah...

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
You need to ask. It works.
The scary part for me since Spring break started is how bad the dinner scene has been, I normally can at least get a few LUX rides for dinner, and if lucky a few surge X, but the past week or so, I have been lucky to make $20 between 6-10, and basically no surges. And everywhere I go, a bunch of LUX only drivers lol, I am glad I at least don't have to leave my house

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mecca for Misers, Sunny South Florida. :cool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Once you can carry out a conversation with pax on a good vibe and 99% they will ask you, How do you like driving for UBA. That's when I blind side them making them feel sorry for me. I tell the story how it feels working for peanuts. When I tell them that all the tips I received goes into a jar for my sons college tuition, that's when the pax breaks out a little more. You have to hustle for your tips. If you don't say anything, pax will think everything's all right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts