Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm dropping my passengers off at 4:30 am and I'm exhausted and so I decide to err on the side of caution and call it a day. I pull up to the curb and before I can finish dropping off the pax and then logging out, new pings continue come in, which, of course, I have no choice but to ignore and to let them time out.

I appreciate the ability to stack trips and to keep those seats warm, and I usually accept them, but it'd be nice to switch off that feature when I need to take a break or head back to the barn for the day.

Are those timed out pings going to be counted against my rate of acceptance? I would have logged off before ending the current trip, but I don't know how that can be done. Is it possible to log off and refuse new pings, when you haven't completed your current trip? This seems to be a recurring theme with me. The other day I was ready to drop my pax and log off and drive home, and the next thing I know, I've committed to driving 30 miles, in the opposite direction.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
No, it isn't currently possible to refuse a stacked request.

However, since Uber lost that lawsuit a few months back, they had to agree not to deactivate anyone for not accepting pings. So you're safe to ignore it without fear of repercussion. The worst they can do is put you in time-out where you can't login for 5 to 20 minutes, but if you're in need of a break anyway, who cares, right?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The other day I was ready to drop my pax and log off and drive home, and the next thing I know, I've committed to driving 30 miles, in the opposite direction.
Happened to me a few weeks ago as well. Was dropping of on biscayne near bayside, all of a sudden I'm headed to Boca at approx 3:30am. I was sleeping in Miami Gardens that night. :-/

·
Registered
1,753 Posts

However, since Uber lost that lawsuit a few months back, they had to agree not to deactivate anyone for not accepting pings. So you're safe to ignore it without fear of repercussion. The worst they can do is put you in time-out where you can't login for 5 to 20 minutes, but if you're in need of a break anyway, who cares, right?
Two of the three LA pax I had the other day had multiple pieces of luggage and groceries in the trunk I was helping to unload when the next ping came in and I missed it. Nice to know...

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Yesterday in Philly, pax asks me to drive him to 13th & Filbert in Center City. Enroute, he says he's going to Greyhound station. I inform him that's at 10th & Filbert, not 13th. Pax tells me he's got time so just drive to 13th to make sure and he has no problem paying any extra time if he's wrong.

So, of course, I pass 13th and he sees he's wrong. So were crawling in traffic toward 10th Street when app pings, thinking he should've been dropped off by now or any second now. Ping is for spot two blocks from original intended destination. I elected to let it time out to allow for another driver to get the call since I still was heading away from that second ping's pickup location to drop off first guy.

Uber app then sends me a yellow notice that I left "money on the table," etc. I saw no point in accepting second ping, knowing I'd be awhile back-tracking to pick up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Happened to me, one trip, pax wants 3 stop, they put first stop in app, so after I got closer, I got request, knowing that I have 2 more stops, I did not accept it.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
If you don't want to accept any more trips after the current one, just indicate that in the app. You can tell it to go offline after the current trip, and it will show that it's not currently accepting any requests while you finish the current trip.
You can do thst also if you are driving a pool pax. No additional riders.

When you complete the trip you are on the app will ask whether to keep driving or go offline.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts

NOT TRUE.....

If you don't want to accept any more trips after the current one, just indicate that in the app. You can tell it to go offline after the current trip, and it will show that it's not currently accepting any requests while you finish the current trip.
TRUE THIS...8>)

You can actually switch offline...

while you have a trip going...

It will just take you offline...

When the trip is over...

Rakos
hqdefault-31.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,092 Posts
This thread is TWO YEARS OLD.
Good point, but for the benefit of anyone else who has these questions:

1,) Acceptance rate doesn't matter, as Uber does not deactivate drivers accounts for low acceptance, only for high cancellations.

2.) Once you've accepted a ride you can stop stacked pings. You just press the menu icon, then tap 'stop new requests'. AFAIK just sliding the tab to go offline works just as good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts