Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come, I have officially said **** uber to their dishonest practices and quitting as a driver for good.

I wish I had some long drawn out inspirational speech to give but I don't. I have seen so many people come and go on this message board and see many new peeps join the club here.

I started back in August 2014 and things were pretty good doing it part time, then I went full time in December, then received a 2nd rate cut by then but I joined Lyft and sidecar in January to supplement and it turned out good. The over saturation of drivers was too much as they started their radio commercials and over selling it as a "viable" opportunity. FAR FROM IT.

I have had enough with waiting on uber to do the right thing and re-instating price rates for us "PARTNERS". I'll tell ya one thing, uber is one fckd up business partner.

If you joined post May 2015 and do this full time without driving a hybrid car on UberX, how the *** do u do it?! Seriously.

I'll keep my account active for holidays and big surge events only. Halloween should be a good one coming up.

I won't be gone for good from this message board though , I'll pop in to say my quirky comments every now n then.

My rating is currently at 4.87
Uber rides: over 2k
Lyft rides: over 500
Sidecar: over 200 (not including deliveries)

I wish whoever is doing this full time the best of luck!!
Don't forget to enroll yourself into the uber misclassication lawsuit @ www.uberlawsuit.com

Or contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]
(617)994-5800

If you're a California driver NOW is the time to sign up because a California judge gave the green light with the class action lawsuit to move forward!

·
Registered
612 Posts
My interviews for the job I want is tomorrow and Friday, I'll know by the first week of October if I'm in or not. If everything goes well, I can finally retire from Uber forever. I already kind of retired; I haven't driven in the past 2 weeks, but it won't be official until the next thing is officially lined up. Good luck on your next job, anything at all is better than what Uber currently is. At least we all have that big class action pay check coming in a year or two. And by pay check, I mean 10 free Uber rides.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am not far behind, congrats to you UF..... haven't driven for 2 weeks, and love it. very shortly, I will need money and looks like I have to put in 25% more time driving just to make what I was making before my break due to the over saturation of clueless uber drivers.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thank you for your posts and your obvious concern for other humans.

I hope you will not be a stranger to the site.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well the time has come, I have officially said **** uber to their dishonest practices and quitting as a driver for good.

I wish I had some long drawn out inspirational speech to give but I don't. I have seen so many people come and go on this message board and see many new peeps join the club here.

I started back in August 2014 and things were pretty good doing it part time, then I went full time in December, then received a 2nd rate cut by then but I joined Lyft and sidecar in January to supplement and it turned out good. The over saturation of drivers was too much as they started their radio commercials and over selling it as a "viable" opportunity. FAR FROM IT.

I have had enough with waiting on uber to do the right thing and re-instating price rates for us "PARTNERS". I'll tell ya one thing, uber is one fckd up business partner.

If you joined post May 2015 and do this full time without driving a hybrid car on UberX, how the *** do u do it?! Seriously.

I'll keep my account active for holidays and big surge events only. Halloween should be a good one coming up.

I won't be gone for good from this message board though , I'll pop in to say my quirky comments every now n then.

My rating is currently at 4.87
Uber rides: over 2k
Lyft rides: over 500
Sidecar: over 200 (not including deliveries)

I wish whoever is doing this full time the best of luck!!
Don't forget to enroll yourself into the uber misclassication lawsuit @ www.uberlawsuit.com

Or contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]
(617)994-5800

If you're a California driver NOW is the time to sign up because a California judge gave the green light with the class action lawsuit to move forward!
Agree with you 100%, I started June 2014, it was great, I do it part-time, after the rate cuts, I starting doing Friday/Saturdays only, now even Friday/Starudays suck, its just a matter of having luck, which i don't have, all my riders on a surge are no more then $15, Now that my wife is working, I will only drive Saturdays just to keep the account active.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Good luck to all of you. It is getting harder out there. And, not withstanding other's saying that it's because of me (yeah, like if I had that much power), I don't post radio and tv commercials, nor do I hire more drivers. I do try to help new and old drivers with places to try out, and whatever else I can think of.
I do get tired of some drivers on this forum, just posting vague ways of helping out. - Work longer hours, buy a hybrid car, go to hotels and nightclubs (Where? In San Dimas?), stay away from my turf or I'll ghost ping you and send you away.
We are all here to vent, learn and help out when we can.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My interviews for the job I want is tomorrow and Friday, I'll know by the first week of October if I'm in or not. If everything goes well, I can finally retire from Uber forever. I already kind of retired; I haven't driven in the past 2 weeks, but it won't be official until the next thing is officially lined up. Good luck on your next job, anything at all is better than what Uber currently is. At least we all have that big class action pay check coming in a year or two. And by pay check, I mean 10 free Uber rides.
Good luck on the job interview!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I don't drive much at all anymore... Working 60 hrs/wk doing real work on a project (and thankfully b/c they treat me as an employee for the project, any hours over 40 are at time and 1/2 thanks to California labor law).

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good luck to all of you. It is getting harder out there. And, not withstanding other's saying that it's because of me (yeah, like if I had that much power), I don't post radio and tv commercials, nor do I hire more drivers. I do try to help new and old drivers with places to try out, and whatever else I can think of.
I do get tired of some drivers on this forum, just posting vague ways of helping out. - Work longer hours, buy a hybrid car, go to hotels and nightclubs (Where? In San Dimas?), stay away from my turf or I'll ghost ping you and send you away.
We are all here to vent, learn and help out when we can.
Maybe last year there was very little skill involved in knowing where to be and what time.

Now it is just a matter of luck and hoping you get a long haul on a surge ride. You can get all the advice in the world to be the best profitable driver but I've tried everything so has my buddy who's been a driver longer than me and we used to make 220-250 a day on combined apps. Over saturation of drivers and low low fares = a lose/lose situation.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree with you 100%, I started June 2014, it was great, I do it part-time, after the rate cuts, I starting doing Friday/Saturdays only, now even Friday/Starudays suck, its just a matter of having luck, which i don't have, all my riders on a surge are no more then $15, Now that my wife is working, I will only drive Saturdays just to keep the account active.
GOOD LUCK!
Yeah man those long trips are a rarity now. It's seriously turned into the MTA bus for thousands of passengers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I started back in August 2014 and things were pretty good
I'm headed down the same road- started July 2014. It's one thing to adjust to low rates and too many drivers, but with the violent waitlist attack against the best drivers of last weekend, Uber went way over the line. They proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they're a reprehensible company who delight in shitting on their "employees."

Thanks for the forced detour, ********. Soon Ubertown will disappear from my rearview mirror completely.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm headed down the same road- started July 2014. It's one thing to adjust to low rates and too many drivers, but with the violent waitlist attack against the best drivers of last weekend, Uber went way over the line. They proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they're a reprehensible company who delight in shitting on their "employees."

Thanks for the forced detour, ********. Soon Ubertown will disappear from my rearview mirror completely.
Oh yeah that latest low blow tactic by uber is repulsive. It's like an act of desperation, that is definitely the last straw but I already made my decision about a month ago and just now barely made a post about it and 100% sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts