Uber Drivers Forum banner

TIME TO ACT

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  UberRon 
#1 ·
Hi fellow Uber drivers,

Today the Vic Premier Andrew, Indicate that some form another that Uber will be legalise SOON in Victoria.

Its the time for all Uber Drivers Act together to submit our demand , fares, Surge prices, drivers safety,

rating system , insurance etc.

If drivers fail to Act now, The govt pass the green light to Uber and Uber play the drivers

that way they want to. Nobody want , Taxi monopoly to Uber monopoly.

#4 ·
Remember guys if UBER is finally legalised then it's the start of multiple ride share companies in Australia. The reason we don't have Lyft yet is because they want UBER to be the bad guys and legalise the way. Lyft will come here they have already said they will they will offer better terms and conditions (rates & another round of promos to customer) to build up their brand.
Then Google will come, Asian and Indian Rideshare companies will come, you only need to look overseas where all these companies operate to see its a rapid race to the bottom then.
Driver rate cuts, no guarantees, minimal background checks, we drive for all Rideshare companies just judge a phone with every app on it.
It's called the future unless the governments put up some form of insurance minimums, driver fatigue, GST, income tax, commercial insurance, driver income personal accident insurance (Workcover) then out world will disappear rapidly.
Enjoy the ride.

#5 ·
When uber is legalized and insurable, the number of drivers will increase 10 fold. When there are too many drivers, uber will likely reduce the rates until it finds the level at which there are just enough drivers prepared to work for a low enough rate. Average driver will probably end up making less than $10 an hour. I won't be driving for uber but I certainly support their market based rates.

#9 ·
Poby

You will support Market based rates. I think you need to consider what you said. I think you meant supply based rates. Markets require a supply and a demand. Having one side uneven eg. Too much demand not enough supply drives up prices, too much supply not enough demand reduces prices. What happens when there is too much supply does everyone lose that provides that supply this seems to occur everywhere else UBER has been. That's why this site/blog started.

#10 ·
Too true. Supply and demand will eventually balance out. Uber keeps increasing demand for service by lowering prices and gullible drivers keep signing up to drive ensuring supply of service. And Uber scoops up 20% of the crumbs. ATO is happy, too. Servos are happy, too. Subway/ burger joints are happy. Tyre and battery guys are happy as are the auto grease monkies. Tis all win/win, even the the Uber drivers win - that wonderful feeling that goes with doing a charitable act for society - saving our dinks and hipsters from the rapacious Taxi companies.

#12 ·
Looks to me like Wake Up Australia has a hidden agenda here on the uberpeople site....

Truth be known, let the Uber nomads rule. I just like all the other Uber drivers did it for a while and enjoyed it, the customers love it even more. Without the RISK takers, Uber and ride sharing in general would die in this great land of ours, we wouldn't want that would we...
GoGoGo Ubermaniacs help this fantastic transportation service become a legal alternative to the rundown and overpriced taxi system.

Ok 3 cheers if you agree.
Boo if you don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.