Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy some stock in Kimberly Clark, (maker of Kleenex). Everyone is crying about not making money, too many drivers on the road. How many of you fell for Fuber's marketing trick to go more drivers on the road with $500 "bone-ass's"? If so was it worth it now? I don't mind telling people where they can make money, most of it is trial and error. How many sold your phone and email address books to Uber for ZERO DOLLARS?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Everyone is crying about not making money, too many drivers on the road.
Travis K. & co. are just counting the days until they can collect 100% of Pax revenue and basically print money once the cost of a vehicle is paid for. Think sleek future driverless cars; think a $62.5B valuation that is based on that forward-looking version; think drivers receiving a group email thanking them for their hard work and showing them the virtual door.

Rasier LLC doesn't care about driver casualties incurred as they move from A to B. Still, I think they could have metered it out better than they have. Like other aspects of their growth, they have made some major mistakes. But again, a) they don't care and b) it doesn't hurt their business.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Travis K. & co. are just counting the days until they can collect 100% of Pax revenue and basically print money once the cost of a vehicle is paid for. Think sleek future driverless cars; think a $62.5B valuation that is based on that forward-looking version; think drivers receiving a group email thanking them for their hard work and showing them the virtual door.

Rasier LLC doesn't care about driver casualties incurred as they move from A to B. Still, I think they could have metered it out better than they have. Like other aspects of their growth, they have made some major mistakes. But again, a) they don't care and b) it doesn't hurt their business.
I like this idea. I think getting paid in UberScript would be great.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has aways been in Uber's court. It was never designed to be a lifetime career. I pity those who are trying to make a living at this business. Uber management and players will get a golden parachute payday and it will make history for better or for worse. This octopus has many tentacles. Alot of unanswered questions remain, driver status nationwide, price fixing with the drivers, and regulations that pop up everyday. How long can they play, "prevent defense?" Are the self driving cars further along than in the press releases?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Are the self-driving cars further along than in the press releases?
I think so, yes. Although regulatory approval no matter how fast the machine is developed, will still need to come.

Apple is thought to be developing one. Google of course is in on the game as well. All that's missing for this to be a second Big Three is Microsoft and who knows, maybe they're working on the dash O/S.

http://9to5mac.com/2016/05/24/aapl-cash-reserves-moodys/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm on my way to get the vehicle inspection when I noticed an area that said "Rasier Partner sign, print, etc.". Who is the Rasier partner? Thank you for any help
Rasier LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies. Rasier was started for the express purpose housing UberX, to shelter Uber from the liability risk posed by what was an illegal, unlicenced, and practically uninsured service.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts

Even if driverless cars were on the road right now, uber would still need to maintain those cars. Just because it's driverless doesn't mean the brakes, tires, engine, etc lasts forever. Also, who fills up gas for driverless cars? Will uber have to pay for garages, mechanics, etc?

Sounds like it's cheaper to keep human drivers as independent contractors who take care of their own cars.

But hey, who am I to stop the "progress" of driverless cars?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Even if driverless cars were on the road right now, uber would still need to maintain those cars. Just because it's driverless doesn't mean the brakes, tires, engine, etc lasts forever. Also, who fills up gas for driverless cars? Will uber have to pay for garages, mechanics, etc?
Good point. Even if eventually the fleet of driverless Uber cars are solar-battery/new tech powered, they still need to be cleaned (inside and out), maintained, re-licensed, safety checked. So there would have to be that staff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.