Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Civic
14 Posts
So, there's this viral tic toc thingy in which a woman uses scheduled rides, only made 5 to 10 minutes in advance, to get out of paying surge or full prices for rides. Here in Nashville, people are using it like mad, and they shamelessly brag about it. I stopped doing scheduled rides when uber started sending me 10 to 20 minutes early and I had to wait. It only took me one time to learn my lesson.

I'd suggest that we all make it a point to decline or cancel every single one of them. Something's going to have to give, cause the relationship between drivers and pax is breaking down worse now than ever before. And uber is responsible due to bs policies, baseless deactivation threats, and flat out lack of integrity.
I'm not sure I see before accepting that it is a scheduled ride? Where can you see that?

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
I accepted one today did not see the notice because it’s small print it was a $30 ride but had to wait 20 minutes so I cancelled about 15 minutes later I got the same request again I’m guessing that pax is not going to get a ride on time.
I’d have accepted the second time. 5min wait is standard.

·
12,242 Posts
That tik tok hack doesn’t work,

scheduled pickups, well they now called reservations. Are still subject to surge prices.
🤣😂. Ummmm no they're not. I lost $180 in one shift because they kept sending me reservations while I had a surge attached. Just lost 3 or 4 surges early Monday morning.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
🤣😂. Ummmm no they're not. I lost $180 in one shift because they kept sending me reservations while I had a surge attached. Just lost 3 or 4 surges early Monday morning.
Can't go to the well too often but accept then cancel for safety reasons will keep your surge and a consecutive streak of you are on one. Same for going to location then canceling for no face mask.

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Haven't seen a surge in weeks.

I had a rider complain that the scheduled trip I was driving him on charged him surge pricing, so, go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
What sucks is, no matter what you lose your surge. If you deny the ride, you lose your surge. If you accept the ride, you won't get paid a surge.
Accept then cancel with "problem with pickup route". Then you will keep everything: Surge, CT progress, etc.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts