Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there's this viral tic toc thingy in which a woman uses scheduled rides, only made 5 to 10 minutes in advance, to get out of paying surge or full prices for rides. Here in Nashville, people are using it like mad, and they shamelessly brag about it. I stopped doing scheduled rides when uber started sending me 10 to 20 minutes early and I had to wait. It only took me one time to learn my lesson.

I'd suggest that we all make it a point to decline or cancel every single one of them. Something's going to have to give, cause the relationship between drivers and pax is breaking down worse now than ever before. And uber is responsible due to bs policies, baseless deactivation threats, and flat out lack of integrity.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
So, there's this viral tic toc thingy in which a woman uses scheduled rides, only made 5 to 10 minutes in advance, to get out of paying surge or full prices for rides. Here in Nashville, people are using it like mad, and they shamelessly brag about it. I stopped doing scheduled rides when uber started sending me 10 to 20 minutes early and I had to wait. It only took me one time to learn my lesson.

I'd suggest that we all make it a point to decline or cancel every single one of them. Something's going to have to give, cause the relationship between drivers and pax is breaking down worse now than ever before. And uber is responsible due to bs policies, baseless deactivation threats, and flat out lack of integrity.
🙋🏿‍♀I don't know what's up with that mtom. It's really bad. This morning I cancelled scheduled trip after scheduled trip that were 5 minutes away from where I was but the damn rides weren't due for 20 to 25 minutes!!! I'm not gonna able to do that one...no ma'am. 🙄The two rides i did get were pretty much from one side of the city to the other...just long and fruitless. Two rides In an hour and a half. One tip. Meeting Quests are a balloon here.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts

How large are these surges and how little are the drivers being paid for them?

It's perfectly OK when the hypocritical asswipes at Uber charge the pax high surge rates, but when the California drivers do it it's "greedy" and causes pax to abandon Uber.

More outrageous hypocrisy from Uber.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts

I have to agree with this unfortunately.
I have accepted several "scheduled" rides , and show up and then have to wait like 10 minutes.
Sorry. . nope. . If I arrive and it is close to the original 5 minutes, sure.
Unfortunately it is more the former than the latter, I get there and then have to wait 8, 9 10 minutes.
I don't mind being customer service oriented, but there is a limit.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
:) I am not really digging this new format...this morning I got a scheduled ride 15 minutes out, and I was 5 minutes away. I was taking a break at a gas station and i was going to go ahead and do it :rolleyes: but the customer texted me apologizing and cancelled it herself!👍🏿which was just fine by me.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I already decline or cancel scheduled rides. Of course, this bit of news is more reason why you gotta pay attention when you get a ping. Even if you're in a surge area & it says "$X Minimum surge next trip", if you don't see a surge on the ping, you're not getting 1. Always decline those. I do.
Screen is too small and traffic is too busy to stare at screen - and not the roadway - close enough to see every tiny detail about a trip.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Scheduled rides are garbage.
Easy cancel.
I can understand, when someone orders a scheduled ride to the airport, but a five minute ride?
Cancel.

·
12,218 Posts
Be glad you guys only have to wait 5 or 10 minutes. The ones I'm getting, I have 20 to 30 minutes to wait!

The scheduled rides are out of control here! What sucks is, no matter what you lose your surge. If you deny the ride, you lose your surge. If you accept the ride, you won't get paid a surge. Why Uber is allowing this during bar close in high surge times, is beyond me. They're losing more money on it than we are with as much of the surge as they take

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts

Here in LA county, they still pay the surge cuz they agree to it when "scheduling" the ride. They just don't get to know what it is beforehand.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Be glad you guys only have to wait 5 or 10 minutes. The ones I'm getting, I have 20 to 30 minutes to wait!

The scheduled rides are out of control here! What sucks is, no matter what you lose your surge. If you deny the ride, you lose your surge. If you accept the ride, you won't get paid a surge. Why Uber is allowing this during bar close in high surge times, is beyond me. They're losing more money on it than we are with as much of the surge as they take
We know. That's why we're cancelling them. They're not worth it. I don't mind scheduled trips I'm just not taking them 20 to 30 minutes beforehand. I usually have good experiences with them too.

·
Premium Member
2013 Toyota Prius
2,847 Posts
It says right in the passenger app --- "Extra wait time included to meet your ride".
Uber looks pretty stupid every time a pax arrives, then cancels.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
I accepted one today did not see the notice because it’s small print it was a $30 ride but had to wait 20 minutes so I cancelled about 15 minutes later I got the same request again I’m guessing that pax is not going to get a ride on time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts