Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get stuck in Santa Monica last night? They have concerts on the pier every Thursday night until September. 2.2x surge, so of course people try to UberPool with 3,000 ppl walking around. Sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I had 1 drop off at the pier. It was such a mess I logged off after the dropoff and got out of the area rather than get a pick up that I wouldn't of been able to get to.

·
Registered
632 Posts
only new drivers work there for short surge trips
This.
I had a drop off there, so I gave a couple 2.0x surge rides.
1.5 miles, 2.2 miles. 0 tips.
The 2.2 miles pax, as soon as he hopped in the car, first thing he asks is if I have an aux cable, not even a hello.
Eventually got out of there with a ride to Culver City. Thank god...

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I caught a 2.2x out of the Bungalow to W.Ho at 1:30. Didn't notice the crowds on that side of SM. The Bungalow has been crazy busy this yr every day of the week this summer. They don't care about the surge there, they just want to get out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did last week, last time i would do this . I picked up a nice lady , along with her bratty ass kid and dickead husband. Both of the males were frustrated that my car couldn't levitate over traffic. as it was something in my control. Bumper to bumper traffic. Every 5 minutes I would constantly here "cant you do any about this traffic omg this is worst" i was pretty close in canceling the ride and kindly ask them to get out of my site.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did last week, last time i would do this . I picked up a nice lady , along with her bratty ass kid and dickead husband. Both of the males were frustrated that my car couldn't levitate over traffic. as it was something in my control. Bumper to bumper traffic. Every 5 minutes I would constantly here "cant you do any about this traffic omg this is worst" i was pretty close in canceling the ride and kindly ask them to get out of my site.
Ha! Check my previous posts for my 1 star rating. I live in Pasadena. Do we know each other?

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
I was in Santa Monica earlier this week for other work. Stayed around and first trip request was for the Bungalow. Didn't realize it until I was close by but thought, what the h*ll. Ends up being a beautiful lady who actually was waiting for me about 100 ft. north of the entrance at an unoccupied parking spot that made it easy for me to pick her up. She wasn't wasted, she was polite, she gave me the destination address and forget to include "S" and then apologized twice for the incorrect address instead of blaming me for not "knowing where she wanted to go" or performing the Vulcan Mind-Meld to figure it out.

No Tip but did I mention she was beautiful and polite. For those not having picked up from the Bungalow, this is the exception not the norm. If she was an A-hole, I was considering dropping her off somewhere between 4th & 7th and suggesting she try requesting a Plus that drives a BMW 3 series driver :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts