Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first barfed. Had a little on the seat and a lot on the side of the door. I took pictures before vacuuming and requested reimbursement from uber.. And followed up with a personal email to them.
How does this go down?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry to hear you had your cherry popped. This is one of the nastiest parts of the gig.

I've had three pukers and the response can take anywhere from 24 hours to a few days. If you don't hear from them within 24 hours keep reporting/emailing them until you do.

They'll take a look at your pics and assess the fee from there. It ranges from $50-$200 depending on how bad it was. Once they approve it the money will be in your next paycheck.

As long as you logged off immediately after you should be fine. If you kept driving right after it happened you'll risk not getting paid since uber will consider that if you were able to stay on the road it want bad enough to keep you from working, so it wasn't bad enough for them to pay you.

You don't have to wait for a response or a payout to drive again, and while I'm not sure if there's a minimum time period to wait, two out of the three nights I had pukers I drove the very next night and still got paid. The first time was bad enough it kept me off the road for a few days.

I've learned, if you see a kid eating street meat before they hop in, you're risk of a puker goes up exponentially.

Good luck man. Every puker should have to pay $200 as far as I'm concerned. I hope you get yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got few drunks on my own, spilled the drinks on the back carpets, took pictures sent to uber and received $50 whithin 3 days. Keep I contact with them and give them as many details as you can.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Street meat and 21st birthdays, sure signs for disaster.

The key component aside from documenting with photos and emailing support is that you DO NOT accept another ride for at least 1 hour. If it's less than an hour, they deny the claim because the damage could not have been severe enough.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I responded to them on Sunday with a picture. Still no response, even though I asked for an update yesterday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, if they puke in car, do you end the ride in order to take the photo's and go off line? What is the best way to clean up the puke?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was over 3x surge so I dropped them off at their home, went offline and took the photos. 200bucks

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
I think the uber policy should be we get to rub the pax face in their own puke and get to say... "No... No... we do not do this in the rideshare experience." This would be far more gratifying than the cleaning fee and I am sure over time would greatly reduce the amount of vomit related issues.
Need to throw in a "BAD Pax, BAD Pax" in there too.

Last time I had one hurl out the window so it was all outside, but we were moving so it covered a bit of the car. Would have loved to have used her to wipe the side of the car after they giggled and said no big deal, it's all outside. You know I'm not getting a cleaning fee for that one, have to get a $6.00 car wash and the little darlings didn't offer to pay for that. I "accidentally" forgot to end that ride till I got home and hosed it off. Fortunately they didn't complain or 1 star so we'll call that a small victory.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Need to throw in a "BAD Pax, BAD Pax" in there too.

Last time I had one hurl out the window so it was all outside, but we were moving so it covered a bit of the car. Would have loved to have used her to wipe the side of the car after they giggled and said no big deal, it's all outside. You know I'm not getting a cleaning fee for that one, have to get a $6.00 car wash and the little darlings didn't offer to pay for that. I "accidentally" forgot to end that ride till I got home and hosed it off. Fortunately they didn't complain or 1 star so we'll call that a small victory.
I had a dude paint the outside of my car a few months ago. Snapped some pictures, reported it uber. Got my $200.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
I had a dude paint the outside of my car a few months ago. Snapped some pictures, reported it uber. Got my $200.
Nice! I had one 6 months ago that I tried to collect on and they only sent me $10 for the car wash after a lot of bickering so I guess it just depends on who you get. For a bill or two, it's worth taking a shot I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts