Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my previous thread I discussed DD's newest punishment for letting offers time out, the Screen Freeze.

Getting those is bad enough, especially when it's being done by a company that constantly claims in their advertisements that drivers are their "own bosses".

But DD truly added insult to injury when they did it after taking away orders I ACCEPTED. To add even more insult to injury they took away my Dash on the third order they took away.

With the possible exception of Instacart (I've read many bad things about them), DD is hands down the WORST gig company. They've become so oppressive that they actually make Uber look tame by comparison which is an incredible thing to say.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I think its true to some extent their app is bad on purpose, but in this case it's just another major flaw.

When a good offer is accepted now, it frequently disappears, and you have to restart the app to get it back.

Just another reason why this company isn't worth it.

Once they end the 10% cash back gas card, I'm done.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its true to some extent their app is bad on purpose, but in this case it's just another major flaw.
I'm not buying that. They've been getting increasingly rough with "cherrypicking", especially when a driver lets the ping time out. That seems to really piss them off. They want to make declining orders as unpleasant as possible and they're doing an excellent job at it.

When a good offer is accepted now, it frequently disappears, and you have to restart the app to get it back.
That used to happen on occasion but it didn't cause the app to freeze and it never caused DD's infamous "unexpected error" worm to pop up. All three freeze-ups were so severe that it took several attempts to kill the app and when it finally came back on I was "paused" twice and the third time DD ended my Dash.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
In my previous thread I discussed DD's newest punishment for letting offers time out, the Screen Freeze.

Getting those is bad enough, especially when it's being done by a company that constantly claims in their advertisements that drivers are their "own bosses".

But DD truly added insult to injury when they did it after taking away orders I ACCEPTED. To add even more insult to injury they took away my Dash on the third order they took away.

With the possible exception of Instacart (I've read many bad things about them), DD is hands down the WORST gig company. They've become so oppressive that they actually make Uber look tame in comparison which is an incredible thing to say.
Use Grubhub and let compare notes because they truly suck!

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Use Grubhub and let compare notes because they truly suck!
I use Grubhub as a third option and get few pings from them and of the pings they do send very few are worth accepting.

They sometimes kick me offline and a couple of times they've taken away deliveries and given them to other drivers but for the most part they harass a lot less than Doordash.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I use Grubhub as a third option and get few pings from them and of the pings they do send very few are worth accepting.

They sometimes kick me offline and a couple of times they've taken away deliveries and given them to other drivers but for the most part they harass a lot less than Doordash.
You have made any slim chance of me returning unthinkable. 😥

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have made any slim chance of me returning unthinkable. 😥
Remember that markets can vary as can DD's treatment of individual drivers.

I happen to be a driver with a very low AR working in a perpetually saturated market, which makes me a prime target for harassment. Your market might be different.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts

I happen to be a driver with a very low AR working in a perpetually saturated market, which makes me a prime target for harassment. Your market might be different.
So what do you feel are the criteria for driver treatment? Just AR? Or more?
Like hours/wk worked maybe?

·
Premium Member
731 Posts

My market is the reason I stopped driving in the first place. Seems to have gotten worse if anything.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm not buying that. They've been getting increasingly rough with "cherrypicking", especially when a driver lets the ping time out. That seems to really piss them off. They want to make declining orders as unpleasant as possible and they're doing an excellent job at it.

That used to happen on occasion but it didn't cause the app to freeze and it never caused DD's infamous "unexpected error" worm to pop up. All three freeze-ups were so severe that it took several attempts to kill the app and when it finally came back on I was "paused" twice and the third time DD ended my Dash.
You're right, it's been getting progressively worse.

I am pretty careful about them but they've become bent on time wasting your resources and earning capabilities.

I keep 3 apps running and as soon as I get the "yo dash been paused" mssg, force close app and move on.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're right, it's been getting progressively worse.

I am pretty careful about them but they've become bent on time wasting your resources and earning capabilities.

I keep 3 apps running and as soon as I get the "yo dash been paused" mssg, force close app and move on.
It's gotten so bad that I now run DD on a separate phone so its crashes don't interfere with Eats and Grubhub.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So what do you feel are the criteria for driver treatment? Just AR? Or more?
Like hours/wk worked maybe?
With DD I'd say AR is definitely number one in importance based on how badly I get harassed. They probably give preference to Top Dashers and full-timers as well.

Based on my own experience as well as what other drivers have told me GH seems to give preference to Premier drivers and full-timers. I don't know how they deal with AR but I'm sure my very low AR isn't helping. All I know is that I sometimes go hours without a ping and I know my market can't be that dead.

Eats probably gives preference to high AR, Diamond drivers, and full-timers.

I'll also say these companies know when drivers multi-app and most likely give preference to drivers that are "devoted" solely to them.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm not sure, people talk about gh but never claim to make hundreds a day, at least not anymore.

Schedule or no schedule, gh hasn't been panning out for awhile. The Amazon partnership announcement was good for a hundred dollar day and little since then.

They seem to hit around 5pm for an order or 2 that seem to originate from google maps on a 5 or 10 dollar promo.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
DD is causing my phone to overheat now. It only starts overheating when I have that app running. As soon as I end the dash and close the app it stops cooking my phone.

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
I'm not sure, people talk about gh but never claim to make hundreds a day, at least not anymore.

Schedule or no schedule, gh hasn't been panning out for awhile. The Amazon partnership announcement was good for a hundred dollar day and little since then.

They seem to hit around 5pm for an order or 2 that seem to originate from google maps on a 5 or 10 dollar promo.
GH used to be the best. I used to make $150+ a day. Their mistakes were becoming like the other ones and moving the driver support from AZ to overseas and then doing more fast food. When I started with them, the only fast food they did in my area was Subway, and it was mostly restaurants.

i also had a Regional Driver Manager who would communicate with drivers for awhile, but then he disappeared. When I did GH, I didn’t sign-up for blocks.yet I could drive all day with them. But once UE was giving me quests flr $190/wk, I did more of them. DD was my least favorite.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DD is causing my phone to overheat now. It only starts overheating when I have that app running. As soon as I end the dash and close the app it stops cooking my phone.
The reason these gig apps overheat phones and guzzle battery power is that they're spyware. They use every processor and censor they can in our phones to spy on us.

The use of all those processors and censors uses battery power and generates heat.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
The reason these gig apps overheat phones and guzzle battery power is that they're spyware. They use every processor and censor they can in our phones to spy on us.

The use of all those processors and censors uses battery power and generates heat.
Well it hasn't started doing this until recently. Uber & GH doesn't overheat the phone. The DD app is just whack.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts