Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an idea when speaking with a passenger a couple of days ago. She was proud of the fact she has a 5.0 as a passenger. She was also surprised some drivers she's ridden with had less than a 5.0. because she thought they were really good. She thought MAYBE the people doing the ratings didn't know what they were doing, exactly .... maybe some people randomly hit a star and move along, without much thought.

I think she's right - think of any election - there are people who vote for more than 1 candidate, or don't pick one - or pick the wrong candidate. . Simple as the process is, they still manage to screw it up. Makes sense, no ??

I think a BETTER idea would be - take the scores on any given day (or week ) - drop one of the highest, and drop one of the lowest - and average out what's left. Let's say someone has 20 trips, most being 5's and 4's - with a single 1 rating. The 1 - would go away, so would a 5 - but the overall average should go up for us. And more importantly, it would be a more accurate ! A single low scoring trip unfairly brings the whole average down, but it could be an "outlier " - something totally inconsistent with an otherwise clear pattern.

Just a thought .....................

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Uber just needs to make all non rated trips 5 stars
EXACTLY! I received a response from UBER a while back regarding "passengers are not required nor expected to tip"; "your tip is your 5-srars rating". So, default ALL non-ratings to 5-stars. Think of how much money our passengers are saving!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had an idea when speaking with a passenger a couple of days ago. She was proud of the fact she has a 5.0 as a passenger. She was also surprised some drivers she's ridden with had less than a 5.0. because she thought they were really good. She thought MAYBE the people doing the ratings didn't know what they were doing, exactly .... maybe some people randomly hit a star and move along, without much thought.

I think she's right - think of any election - there are people who vote for more than 1 candidate, or don't pick one - or pick the wrong candidate. . Simple as the process is, they still manage to screw it up. Makes sense, no ??

I think a BETTER idea would be - take the scores on any given day (or week ) - drop one of the highest, and drop one of the lowest - and average out what's left. Let's say someone has 20 trips, most being 5's and 4's - with a single 1 rating. The 1 - would go away, so would a 5 - but the overall average should go up for us. And more importantly, it would be a more accurate ! A single low scoring trip unfairly brings the whole average down, but it could be an "outlier " - something totally inconsistent with an otherwise clear pattern.

I ju

I just don't understand the math. My last weekly review showed 38 total trips, 13 rated, 12 5 star and I end up with 4.69 for the week. WTF?!

·
Registered
58 Posts

I think that is garbage that uber and its value 5 star rating system. Tips are required and they should be required. In addition, overall performance should be based on overall factors such as acceptance and cancellation... But no worries UBER corp values it human drivers so much that they are going to be replacing them with self-driving vehicles and then they would not have to pay all those drivers any benefits or no more whining from those human drivers. Haha wouldn't it ironic if they put a tipping option for the self driving vehicles then.. HEHE enjoy driving for UBer Corp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts