Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some signs that I made that are very professional. I was wondering if anyone else uses signs and if so do you see your rating improve,decrease, or stay the same?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just so you know, it has been proven that signs asking for 5 star ratings or tips result in lower ratings. There are many other ways to improve your rating on Uber.

One oft-looked suggestion is cancelling after 5 minutes of waiting. These riders are more likely to give lower ratings, plus there's no point in waiting when you get $5 in cancellation fees.

·
Registered
505 Posts
http://www.uberqld.info/fivestar/

"Top reasons riders give a 1 star rating

• Calling a rider unnecessarily
  • Asking for 5 star ratings
  • Asking for tips
  • Taking inefficient routes: Riders like it when their driver takes the most direct route and communicates if there is a need to change it
  • Clicking "Begin Trip" too early or "End Trip" too late
  • Having a dirty car
  • Odours in the car (smoke or body odour)
  • Quoting Uber prices
  • Not having an GoVia or Toll Pass
  • Not having the AC/heater on when it's needed
  • Not following traffic laws"
Most of these tips apply to all markets.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
http://www.uberqld.info/fivestar/

"Top reasons riders give a 1 star rating
Here's more bogus Uber PR Crap for you:
The Comprehensive Guide to Uber Rating System:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0gnhj14o226y6l/The Rating System.pdf

Amongst it's assertions:
  • Drunks rate better than sober riders.
  • Riders who've paid through their noses for high priced Surge Fare rides, give better ratings to Drivers than riders who've paid normal priced fares.
The Tyranny Of Uber's Rating System | An Attempt At Changing It

·
Registered
505 Posts
chi1cabby I think the guide authored by Uber San Francisco has some great advice and tips. You may disagree with some specific elements, but could that be because of something you are doing (e.g. how you are handling drunks? are you explaining surges are controlled by Uber and not the driver?)

Ultimately, local city team are ranked based on the average rating given and each office strives to achieve the highest rating in a market. There is no reason for any Uber team to provide you with 'bad advice', because their ratings (and job) are on the line too!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
There is no reason for any Uber team to provide you with 'bad advice'.
I'm sure there's no reason for Uber to provide bad advice on anything. Just as there isn't any reason for you to keep on posting Uber PR crap on the forum.

Like I said, I don't think you've convinced anyone of anything, other than that you're here blatantly shilling for Uber.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi glados.
You said pax give lower ratings after 5 min of waiting for them? Thought they can't rate if we do not start the trip?
Read that many times on here.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi glados.
You said pax give lower ratings after 5 min of waiting for them? Thought they can't rate if we do not start the trip?
Read that many times on here.
They can't rate you if you don't start the trip. They can however if you do wait 5 minutes or more and still take them on the requested trip. If you do they are more likely to rate you below 5 stars.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If Uber do not educate the pax we have to, I do not like that sign though.
I have a sign.
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
mints water free wifi blah blah
then....
Please note at 4.65* we lose our jobs
4* is a fail and 5* is a pass
Thanks for being awesome enjoy your day.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If Uber do not educate the pax we have to, I do not like that sign though.
I have a sign.
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
mints water free wifi blah blah
then....
Please note at 4.65* we lose our jobs
4* is a fail and 5* is a pass
Thanks for being awesome enjoy your day.
You know it's pretty obvious why nobody respects Uber Drivers anymore.
They keep multiplying exponentially in almost every market, are willing to do exactly as told, despite the fact that Travis and his crew have stripped every ounce of dignity away from them... Begging for a 5 star rating - any which way they chose to do it - must have those paxs look at the drivers and wonder what the hell kinda robots did Uber create for us to play with?

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
They can't rate you if you don't start the trip. They can however if you do wait 5 minutes or more and still take them on the requested trip. If you do they are more likely to rate you below 5 stars.
Isn't that sad, though?

Here I am, waiting on your pathetic self more than 5 minutes for you to "be right down," "finish[ing] putting on [your] shoes," etc., and how do you thank me? Do you tip me? Do you apologize for your tardiness?

Nope. 3 or 4 F*U*Stars.

Thanks, pax!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Maybe they mean like, estimating the fare? And then getting it wrong lol.

Other than that, why shouldn't the pax be informed? It's not like the pennies he/she pays are top secret. Stupid pax looking for stupid reasons to give us 3/4 F*U*Stars.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I use signs. Made my own but they look good.

They say:
-------------
I utilize GPS navigation to calculate the fastest route.
Please let me know if you'd prefer to give me
directions along the way.

* SEAT BELTS MUST BE WORN *

Cold Water Available
Phone Charger Available

If you need anything adjusted (air, radio, etc.) just ask.
-------------

On the back side they say "Why are you reading this side?"

Obviously everything is nicely formatted on the actual signs.

They're laminated and look pretty good. They're also useful and many people have been very pleased to see that I have some charging cords available to use. I saw no difference in my ratings pattern that I could attribute to their presence. But then again I'm not asking for anything. I want to appear professional, not pitiful.
You saw NO difference in your rating pattern. You're driving X platform. And yet you're still providing cold water? Why are you wasting your hard earned money/cents on water when you say you're not getting any better rating? You are only hurting all the other X drivers out there in your area by setting this standard.

Pax: "The other X driver had water and charger. This X driver offers nothing. I'm gonna rate this X driver a 3*. -1* for no cold water, -1* for no charger."

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I do agree the weather out here in SoCal is obscure HOT! I always have the AC on regardless. I'm a PLUS (now called SELECT) driver, but I was an X driver as well when I first started Uber. I've experienced the X-perience with PAX, and have seen a different set of riders as a SELECT driver. SELECT pax seem to be expecting more out of SELECT drivers, as they are always asking for chargers. I don't provide chargers, unless it's for a Galaxy S5 which my phone is. I'd glady offer my charger for PAX. Fortunately, SELECT pax don't have an S5, so my charger is useless.

I DO carry extra water for MYSELF, but DO offer it to the senior citizen riders when I see them waiting at the curb for me. No, it does not affect my rating as far as I can tell nor does it increase my chance of receiving a tip. I don't care about rating anymore.

I know the IE is super hot. Hopefully the weather will turn around soon and cool down so we get less grumpy PAX.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can kinda guess the answer to this, but I'll ask it anyway. Does Uber take into consideration that sometimes passengers can be ******** and give a bad rating for no reason? Would they look at your record and see that you got maybe 20 5-stars and one 1-star and take an average? Or is it more like once you get a bad rating, you're done?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts