Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about picking up miners? I really don't like it but there's no way to tell until you get there. Uber really should adopt a policy. As soon as Im driving up and spot the sooty clothes though the dread sets in. They leave dust and debris all over the car. I've had it all. Black soot, dust, tiny pebbles, sharp shale bits. Not to mention the crap they bring with them. Those pick axes can easily tear the leather. One time one of the bastards didn't turn off his headlamp the entire time. How about you guys, what do you think?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been told riders must be 18 or older unless an adult is present with them. Because of the amount I have to pick up here in the south bay I purchased a dash cam to cover myself.. I also talked to a Uber employee they said they are working on a new service just for unaccompanied minors but who know how long that will take.. I picked up a young kid one day I called the mom about the 18yr old limit she told me to do my job and drive and 1 stared me... Typical response lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Good point. But even the apple employees have 3 roommates, you'd think they make enough to get a place of their own
Nah.. Don't get it twisted. Real tech industry to me is like coding, writing, software stuff. You got people who work at a startup as phone support or app troubleshooting online chat talkin bout they're in tech smh lol.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nah.. Don't get it twisted. Real tech industry to me is like coding, writing, software stuff. You got people who work at a startup as phone support or app troubleshooting online chat talkin bout they're in tech smh lol.
Don't forget sales. And from my conversations with pax, that's where the big money is, aside from the founders

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brisbane, Australia lol! Dude, I think you're lost

Haha, adding Brisbane to my eastbay/south of san Carlos do not pickup cities. Thanks for the heads up. "There's gold in dem damn hills!"
Aw man what's wrong with south of San Carlos? No love for RWC? Not to mention Mountain View/Palo Alto surges almost 24/7

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Aw man what's wrong with south of San Carlos? No love for RWC? Not to mention Mountain View/Palo Alto surges almost 24/7
Just speaking for lyft, the rwc/san Carlos border is where rates go from $1.15 to $0.87. You're right tho, I catch university ave surges all the time, not to mention dt sj. And every cal train station in between lol. But only on surge.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What do you guys think about picking up miners? I really don't like it but there's no way to tell until you get there. Uber really should adopt a policy. As soon as Im driving up and spot the sooty clothes though the dread sets in. They leave dust and debris all over the car. I've had it all. Black soot, dust, tiny pebbles, sharp shale bits. Not to mention the crap they bring with them. Those pick axes can easily tear the leather. One time one of the bastards didn't turn off his headlamp the entire time. How about you guys, what do you think?
I guess your serious here, so I'll be too for a sec...........

These dudes work in a mine and want to get in my car, with cloth seats? Not gonna happen. And with their axes, real rock busting axes? I don't even let skateboards in, I get out just like I do with luggage, and load it in the trunk.

You need to build up your courage man. Those guys need to stop using our personal vehicles as their pit stop. Taking uber is probably less expensive than weekly car washes I'm guessing. And they're probably well paid. Next time, drive off. Unless your afraid of flying axes......

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess your serious here, so I'll be too for a sec...........

These dudes work in a mine and want to get in my car, with cloth seats? Not gonna happen. And with their axes, real rock busting axes? I don't even let skateboards in, I get out just like I do with luggage, and load it in the trunk.

You need to build up your courage man. Those guys need to stop using our personal vehicles as their pit stop. Taking uber is probably less expensive than weekly car washes I'm guessing. And they're probably well paid. Next time, drive off. Unless your afraid of flying axes......
Lol no I was just having some fun. There is a legit quarry in Brisbane though. That's not a joke.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't pick up minors period. Tell them to cancel the ride and if they say I don't know how you can just cancel it "rider requested cancel". It is a big liability to pick them up. Now it is not only in Ubers service agreement but it is a CPUC regulation. No minors without and adult.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been told riders must be 18 or older unless an adult is present with them. Because of the amount I have to pick up here in the south bay I purchased a dash cam to cover myself.. I also talked to a Uber employee they said they are working on a new service just for unaccompanied minors but who know how long that will take.. I picked up a young kid one day I called the mom about the 18yr old limit she told me to do my job and drive and 1 stared me... Typical response lol
U should of told her to do her job and give her kid a ride ... Lol . Uber has a policy and CPUC that u as a ride - sharing partner , u can not transport minors without a adult .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't pick up minors period. Tell them to cancel the ride and if they say I don't know how you can just cancel it "rider requested cancel". It is a big liability to pick them up. Now it is not only in Ubers service agreement but it is a CPUC regulation. No minors without and adult.
Can we ask for their ID?
I know i picked up a minor and i asked for his age and he said he is 18 and i know he was lying.

·
Registered
808 Posts
As long as I get the cleaning fee from Uber it is OK. Coal dust is hard to get out of carpet. I make them put their helmets and picks in the trunk though. Depends on the type of mine though, diamond mines and gold mines are a bit cleaner, as long as they tip in either I'm good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts