Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall... Newb here. Doing this 'Uber Partner' gig on a part time basis to help pay for my expensive habits. (Beer, racing, cruising, beer)
Just some random thoughts from my first weekend driving...

Drunk women suck.
Drunk women that you pick up from a swanky pool party suck.
Drunk women that sit in your car soaking wet and not telling you about it suck.
Got 'stuck' in the South Tampa Bermuda Triangle Sunday night. SOHO, Westshore, Downtown. Tons of trips, all short.
$175 in a five hour period = Not too shabby.
TPD needs to learn better traffic control on Firework nights!
You meet all kinds of people. From 6 and 7 figure earners to the dregs of society.
Drunk women suck.
Uber GPS isn't perfect.
Set a goal for the day or night and work up to it.
Was hoping to pick up more strippers. Only got one. She was a 4 out of 10.
There are some real cool / friendly folks out there that tip well.
and lastly....
Drunk women suck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well Its nice to see someone who figured out the quick stuff.

A small bit of advise from a fellow uber driver.

WET PEOPLE SUCK if they get into your vehicle and they are wet and they get your seats wet. take a picture write a small report and go dry your seats
It could be worth a $20 - $ 50 cleaning fee. Hell I run mostly in SRQ so Beach sand can net you some cleaning fees as well.

I dont like charging people for cleaning fee's but to me its about respect if you have no respect for my vehicle....i have no respect for your credit card.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wet people suck.
Millenials Suck.
People who are drunk/on drugs with a group of 4 that insist on screaming at each other even though they are 1 foot from each other suck.
People that get in my car and say "can I have a charger" and dont say hi get a 1 star and a "sorry, it is broken". They suck.

I just like people in my car that act like a good human. If you smell, speak to me incorrectly, make my car dirty or act like im a POS... F-off. I feel like some peope think I am just a "fast food" worker or something and they dont realize this is MY CAR. Not some cab companies.

On the note of drunk chicks... some sexy, some suck... Some will mount their friend in my back seat, make-out and allow me to watch...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hi yall... Newb here. Doing this 'Uber Partner' gig on a part time basis to help pay for my expensive habits. (Beer, racing, cruising, beer)
Just some random thoughts from my first weekend driving...

Drunk women suck.
Drunk women that you pick up from a swanky pool party suck.
Drunk women that sit in your car soaking wet and not telling you about it suck.
Got 'stuck' in the South Tampa Bermuda Triangle Sunday night. SOHO, Westshore, Downtown. Tons of trips, all short.
$175 in a five hour period = Not too shabby.
TPD needs to learn better traffic control on Firework nights!
You meet all kinds of people. From 6 and 7 figure earners to the dregs of society.
Drunk women suck.
Uber GPS isn't perfect.
Set a goal for the day or night and work up to it.
Was hoping to pick up more strippers. Only got one. She was a 4 out of 10.
There are some real cool / friendly folks out there that tip well.
and lastly....
Drunk women suck.
Uber feeds drivers with a rating of 5. Once you no longer have a 5 rating you will be making $9 an hour before expenses and will have uber like the rest of us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uber feeds drivers with a rating of 5. Once you no longer have a 5 rating you will be making $9 an hour before expenses and will have uber like the rest of us.
That's interesting Mike. The first few days I kept a 5. Then slipped to a 4.88. Then up to a 4.9 up to my last ride of the night. Had steady pings, except when a fare took me to Sarasota and had to dead head back. (Never again, but that's another topic)
I wake up today and check the app and it dropped to a 4.79!! Mind you, I only have 34 rated trips so I'm definitely still a newb. I had a great night last night, no ********! The last fare was a couple that was a little drunk but were decent. Why the eff would they screw me and throw in a bad rating?
Sometimes the working with the public is fun and interesting, then sometimes not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts