Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks perfect. Is it hard wired or battery operated?
Both, battery only lasts 45 minutes but that's not enough for Ubering. It comes with an 8 foot cord and from what I've heard, it's easy to route it around the edges to keep the wires undetectable. I should be getting mine in a few days.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This thing looks sweet. There are three times in the past seven months that this would have already saved me a ton of money. I think I will get one and keep it running around the clock. Next time someone sideswipes my car and keeps driving I will have their license plate. Hahaha.

Both, battery only lasts 45 minutes but that's not enough for Ubering. It comes with an 8 foot cord and from what I've heard, it's easy to route it around the edges to keep the wires undetectable. I should be getting mine in a few days.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was considering this camera but it seems like the field of view is pretty narrow. In the videos I watched you couldn't fully see the driver and passenger.
This may be because it's cramming two camera's worth of video into one frame, but then there doesn't appear to be a way to record with both cameras at the same time into two files. Is that the case?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought it Wednesday when I posted, got it yesterday (Monday) pretty solid shipping

So it's a bit bigger than expected. It was a piece of cake to install with the tension clamps. My only compaint is that I wish they made the tension part on the BOTTOM so that it would elevate the device rather than drop it. Then the clamps themselves would be covered by the control panel.

The mirror is surprisingly great, I had read reviews that said the mirror wasn't as good as the original mirror but it's as reflective and clear as the OEM mirror.

It may be too big for smaller cars, even in a 3 Series, C Class or A4 with more vertical windshields. It does get closer to you since you are attaching it to the existing rear view.

Wire management is decent, my CTS has tight fittings so you can see the wire exposed on the left was the only way to get the wires across the dash. Some cars may have room to push the wires between the cracks. Then it's hidden until the last 4 inches to the outlet itself. It's USB based charging so if you already have a multiUSB in your cigarette lighter, you can just use your existing plugs.

It does come with a 3 USB 2.1A plug, my existing was only 2 USB, so I used the new one to get an extra port.

Max settings and it already took over 1GB just for my 20 min commute to work this morning. I may drop it down one more setting so I can ensure at least a full day on 1 card. I may also stop recording in between pickups just to save on space. We'll see how it all works on the first day using it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is each camera recording at full own resolution or is recording at half resolution each and fused together in one file?

Bill

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is each camera recording at full own resolution or is recording at half resolution each and fused together in one file?

Bill
It's fused together on one file if you set it to A+B mode but the resolution is normal for both, it's just a really long (wide) video. It's basically 2 4:3 videos side by side, give or take.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's fused together on one file if you set it to A+B mode but the resolution is normal for both, it's just a really long (wide) video. It's basically 2 4:3 videos side by side, give or take.
Is there a mode for it to record in it own file at same time?

Or record inside camera only?

Bill

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe the only other option is to record A or to record B, I don't think you can record both to separate files. At least I haven't seen the option to do so.

So yes, you can set it to record just inside camera only.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I ordered one also, was supposed to be here yesterday but because I have freakishly large hands (or a small keyboard on my phone ) I had a typo in my house address and won't get it until tomorrow.... $99.00 is a great deal.

I read a few reviews, a couple of people has issues with the SD card. Falcon sent them another card and in one case the customer contacted groupon and falcon. Both sent a new card. I'm not suggesting, nor would I ever do anything dishonest but...

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Bought it Wednesday when I posted, got it yesterday (Monday) pretty solid shipping

So it's a bit bigger than expected. It was a piece of cake to install with the tension clamps. My only compaint is that I wish they made the tension part on the BOTTOM so that it would elevate the device rather than drop it. Then the clamps themselves would be covered by the control panel.

The mirror is surprisingly great, I had read reviews that said the mirror wasn't as good as the original mirror but it's as reflective and clear as the OEM mirror.

It may be too big for smaller cars, even in a 3 Series, C Class or A4 with more vertical windshields. It does get closer to you since you are attaching it to the existing rear view.

Wire management is decent, my CTS has tight fittings so you can see the wire exposed on the left was the only way to get the wires across the dash. Some cars may have room to push the wires between the cracks. Then it's hidden until the last 4 inches to the outlet itself. It's USB based charging so if you already have a multiUSB in your cigarette lighter, you can just use your existing plugs.

It does come with a 3 USB 2.1A plug, my existing was only 2 USB, so I used the new one to get an extra port.

Max settings and it already took over 1GB just for my 20 min commute to work this morning. I may drop it down one more setting so I can ensure at least a full day on 1 card. I may also stop recording in between pickups just to save on space. We'll see how it all works on the first day using it.
How is the visibility of the mirror?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered one also, was supposed to be here yesterday but because I have freakishly large hands (or a small keyboard on my phone ) I had a typo in my house address and won't get it until tomorrow.... $99.00 is a great deal.

I read a few reviews, a couple of people has issues with the SD card. Falcon sent them another card and in one case the customer contacted groupon and falcon. Both sent a new card. I'm not suggesting, nor would I ever do anything dishonest but...
Card worked immediately without the need to format.

How is the visibility of the mirror?
Feels fine, I don't notice a difference using it. It's bigger (Wider and taller) than my standard mirror so I definitely see more and the reflectiveness is more than acceptable if not exactly comparable to the OEM mirror.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

Feels fine, I don't notice a difference using it. It's bigger (Wider and taller) than my standard mirror so I definitely see more and the reflectiveness is more than acceptable if not exactly comparable to the OEM mirror.
Cool, thanks.

Re: the card, I was just saying it's a common issue. they send replacement cards no question asked. I know they are fairly cheap but...

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

One more question... How is the interior recording at night, does it have night vision? it says night vision compatible but I'm not sure what that means.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more question... How is the interior recording at night, does it have night vision? it says night vision compatible but I'm not sure what that means.
Doesnt seem too impressive. I havent tested a person in the back, haven't picked up a ride nir had i thought to go back there and just record myself in the back.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've had it for a year now and it's a "set it and forget it" camera. Automatically starts when you start the car, auto-shut off, records automatically, shock detection (will auto save footage before and after an impact is detected).

http://amzn.to/2hdlGWk - $149.95

From their Amazon page:

• 3.5-inch LCD screen allows a preview of what is being recorded unlike other DVRs
  • Night vision for interior clips and shots; Built-in microphone / speaker function
  • 180-degree rotating 120-degree viewing angle high-resolution wide-angle lens
  • Supports up to 32GB high-capacity SD cards; TV and HDMI HD output. Loop recording allows old file to be replaced automatically with new files
  • 1 Year Manufacturer warranty included ~ 32GB SD CARD INCLUDED
What's in the Box?

Falcon Zero F360HD Mirror DVR, Power Cord (10 feet), USB Cord, Dual USB Car Charger, 32GB Class 10 SD card, Cord Management Clips, Instruction Manual, Retail Box.

Product Input device Font Gadget Auto part

1 - 20 of 35 Posts