Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some more real numbers of this weeks incentives. It still doesn't calculate accurately what each person will pay for fuel as well as any depreciation, servicing, tyres etc. And it also assumes you will work the 12 hours straight. From my experience for those hours your looking at between 300 - 500km. Lower distance may use the same or more fuel as stop start and air con add to the expense.

Get ready for an over flooding of drivers available this weekend because most people will be looking at gross guarantees again like "Wow thats great". Anyone who worked before 2016 knows these used to be normal rates after Uber 20%.

Take into account there will most likely be surges. But as usual there will still be so many cars showing that these small surges will be there to avoid Uber having to be out of pocket for topping up the guarantees.

So good luck to those working hard and know it only goes down from here on. So enjoy, even this while it lasts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Uber 25% file should show $37.50 instead of $30 on Sat 3am-4am, but your get my drift.

I don't hold my breath on these guarantees after they shafted me on the last zone ones. I did everything right more than required minimums and they decided to cut some of them and reply to my concern with a copy and paste response about what qualifies without looking at the hours and jobs etc.

Ill be posting more breakdowns of every promo they decide to put out in Brisbane so everyone can have a transparent view from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to keep tabs on everything with them. From each job tothe so called incentives. Sometimes they weasel their way out of things when you have some data to give them, but otherwise if they can get away with it then it could mean millions in extra $$

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
So you have to take at least 1 rider per hour, after that I'll be heading for the quieter outer burbs to avoid work and kms,
then head back in for the next rider in the following hour.

Get some Wolfenstein Enemy Territory happenin' on my tablet...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You can't log off between riders can you?
Only get guarantee for full hours only?
???

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't log off between riders can you?
Only get guarantee for full hours only?
???
I think there is an allowance for short time to log off. During the early early guarantees I would go offline to change areas for a moment and would still be qualifying for the top up. These days they look for any little chance to not pay anything out.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I worked my weekend job tonight in Sth Bris. Finished at 8pm. turned on Uber, no surge - set destination for Sunshine Coast to go home, got 1 $12 fare .no surge on coast either.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Gold Coast? Surgeless. 1.2 x Hinterland, otherwise nothing...

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a few areas getting hot, around 2.0 some areas between 6-8pm.

Also counted about 40 cars from New Farm to top of Fortitude Valley.

Even at 11pm I counting 10 cars in one small block. Put back the rate pre January and get rid of surges and well see better earnings. Never happen i know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
7pm - 4am earned $280 + surge $56 - 25% $84 = $250
no requested at this time (7:55pm-9:10pm city was online just waited)
5 rider cancelled without fee because they claimed tho 2 driver cancel asked by pax
accepted all of request = 83% biggest surge was 1.9x from city to redcliff
14 trips

guarantee $$$ will charge later?

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
5 rider cancelled without fee because they claimed tho 2 driver cancel asked by pax
14 trips

be interesting to see if they pay guarantees or worm out of it somehow :)

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont bother doing the requirements once I got shafted lasted time. You also have to keep an eye on your daily earnings and record after each night. Cant count how many times Ive seen the next day adjusted and have to contact them about why and for them to put it back to correct charge.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
14 trips

Guarantees wont display until you get your pay statement with adjusted pay total then.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few times I noticed Fri and Sat, was that if I had done under the guarantee amount in some hours, I would suddenly get a job in the last min or two of that hour.

Had a look at the rider app and see about 6 available cars closer to the pax on all occasions for those last mins of the hour jobs. Even one rider was surprised I was 10 mins away from the city. They must be saving thousands of dollars playing with their job orders like this.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts