Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. does this mean one has to stay on line in those areas the whole time? what if a pax takes you out of that area?

GUARANTEES

Saturday:
  • $25/hr minimum booked from 10pm - 12am
  • $30/hr minimum booked from 12am - 3am
To qualify you must:
  • Opt-in to the guarantee by 4PM on Saturday
  • Accept at least 90% of trip requests
  • Average at least 1 trip/hr
  • Be online in one of these areas: Minneapolis (North of W 36th, East of Lake Calhoun & South of Plymouth Ave N), Dinkytown/NE Minneapolis, or St. Paul

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you get pulled out you are still eligible. ..you just have to do the trip per hour and 90% acceptance. If you do go offline, they count that as " off the clock"....last Saturday I got taken out to Plymouth and then had a couple rides out there and still got the guarantee.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You're supposed to head back towards the area, but they don't dock you if you accept trips on the way back, or take your time doing so

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did. I stayed out till 1 AM then went home because it had slowed down and the drunks where starting to get to the point I didn't want them in my car.

I averaged more than the guarantee and got a few 25+ dollar fairs that dropped me in surge areas for the next ride. I don't think I waited more than 5 minutes for the next ping.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I didn't even think about it, because I've been adding Lyft.. but should qualify and if I beat it it's only by a buck or two. .curious to see if I get anything. I actually had a great Friday with a 2.8X to wayzata after 2A.

Adding Lyft makes it impossible to keep track of your time...Lyft has a running tab to tell you total hours online daily/weekly earnings all while available for the next trip

·
Registered
326 Posts
I didn't even think about it, because I've been adding Lyft.. but should qualify and if I beat it it's only by a buck or two. .curious to see if I get anything. I actually had a great Friday with a 2.8X to wayzata after 2A.

Adding Lyft makes it impossible to keep track of your time...Lyft has a running tab to tell you total hours online daily/weekly earnings all while available for the next trip
How busy is lyft compared to uber? Do you have both apps running simultaneously, or do you use 2 phones? Congrats on the juicy 2.8 surge...I've been doing this for a few months and had only 2 really nice (longer than 5 miles) surge fares

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
How busy is lyft compared to uber? Do you have both apps running simultaneously, or do you use 2 phones? Congrats on the juicy 2.8 surge...I've been doing this for a few months and had only 2 really nice (longer than 5 miles) surge fares
Like I said, about 4 Lyfts to every 10 Uber requests. I think signing off of Lyft to do the Ubers, which are busier, kept me from getting more Lyft fares. But the Lyft fares I got were great, at $1.72/mile + TIPS...I run both apps on my phone, and simply log off whichever one as soon as I accept a request via the other. I took today off, but I'm excited to see how it goes Tuesday-Friday during the day...since Uber isn't as busy, I'll have more of a chance to get Lyft pings.

Surge fares are great, the easiest way to get a big one is to just log off close to 2AM and head downtown. Wait for the surge to get juicy and log back in.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The main thing that I like about Lyft is the clientele...it's totally different. I haven't had a single person sit in the back seat... they're courteous, and because it starts charging the pax upon arrival, everyone comes out RIGHT AWAY. I basically promote the shit out of it while I uber..they spend over $250 dollars per background check compared to Uber's $29.99...half of the Lyft drivers who fail the Lyft background check pass Uber's with flying colors. The drivers are more knowledgeable and friendly. It's worth the extra $.42/mile. I'd much rather take a Lyft fare than an Uber. I canceled on an Uber I was a block away from because I had forgotten to sign out of Lyft, and I'd rather keep my Lyft acceptance rate higher and take the chance of getting a bit more for the fare and a tip over some $5 Uber fare and pax who take forever to get to the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts