Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see increase in Uber driver force this week? Did drivers who hibernated in the last few months suddenly came to live in hopes for pope surges?
Wednesday between 5 - 8 PM = 3 rides
Thursday between 5 - 8 PM = 1 ride
And I saw a lot more uber cars in the rider's app.
KoP - Malvern

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Maybe it's just your location. Try searching for another hot spot to position yourself. This week on Monday I had 4 trips. Wednesday 8 trips. Thursday into Friday morning 12 trips. Monday and Wednesday worked from about 5:30-11 and Thursday from 5-1 am. Not too much sitting for me this week. It's all about location and luck and some nights will just be better than others I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, did that. As soon as I went online, got a ping and went from Exton train station to West Chester = $13.
Stayed in WC (WC college and lots of restaurants) for 1 hour = 0 pings
Went to Main Line (Wayne - lots of restaurants, Villanova college), sat there for an hour = 0 pings.
I did try to log off/log on, still nothing.
Finally turned the app off and went to the bar for Thursday night football.
I guess it's just bad luck but I definitely see a lot more drivers this week... I should've taken a screenshot.
Tip for iPhone users (if you don't know): to take a screenshot of the current screen of your iPhone, hold down the button on the right side and then press the round button. Your screenshot will be saved in your Camera app.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The most I will sit is 20 minutes. When I turn my car off the radio stays on for 10 minutes, then when it goes off I turn the car on and off again and when the radio goes off a second time I'm outta there. Depending on what part of NJ I am in I have my sitting spots and try not to sit for longer than 20 minutes. Sometimes its those spots that you least expect that all of a sudden you get that ping. There are definitely more drivers around. What is your rating? Sometimes I think that has something to do with it as well, others may disagree but I feel there is more to the algorithm than we all know. Many drivers will get discouraged and quit. I've been doing this for 6 months part time and approaching 500 paid rides, not the fuzzy math that Uber has, I actually keep my own spreadsheet, nerdy accountant over here :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm at 4.94 after 6 months, and similarly rather than sitting watching TV now I can sit and make some money. Last night was rather busy for me, pretty much non stop most of the evening, but it could have been because of the Giants game as well. Tough to tell sometimes. Maybe some of the riders are scared off due to all the impending closures coming. Hang in there, you will have some good times as well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This weekend will be a bust. There are too many new drivers killing every little surge that happens. Someone needs to tell these New people to spread out or something. Or uber just hyped it up so bad that everyone came out the woodworks and drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts