Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the post about uber tracking our driving habits.
Yesterday i experienced a speed warning as i was in the stage of picking up a pax.
Damn this round uber logo ball tracking my speed.
Yesterday i drove over 80 mph than the ball showed on the left side of screen and it was written there on big red letters 87 mph. I reduced speed a bit and than it showed again 79 mph.
Later i got this text from the pax.

Are u seriously %$#@^& &^%$#@ ?

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Yesterday i experienced a speed warning as i was in the stage of picking up a pax.
Yesterday i drove over 80 mph than the ball showed on the left side of screen and it was written there on big red letters 87 mph. I reduced speed a bit and than it showed again 79 mph.

Are u seriously %^$#^ &*^%$#
Well???

·
Premium Member
62,814 Posts
Hahaha! That would be classic! :p
Belle Chase Naval Air Force station South of New Orleans did me dirty once.
Was working offshore on Chevron Genisis spahr tension leg deep water drilling production platform.
Naval air force fly's over and breaks Mach 1.
BOOM !
SOUND BARRIER POP.
I dive under a beam and look for black smoke,figuring something blew up on platform !

Almost paid them back.
Was tempted to fill huge plastic bags with natural gas,then spray paint with aluminum paint !
30 bogies on radar would have scrambled half the airport !
Pay back !
But didn't want to go to federal prison,so decided not to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
616 Posts

Are u seriously %^$#% *(&%%$ ?
I think that was Waze. Uber might not have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that was Waze. Uber might not have anything to do with it.
I have no waze in my phone. Never used waze. It was uber ball .the writing was nwxt to the ball.
I nust remembere that t.v program long time ago called the prisoner
As he was shouting im not a number im a free man. And the ball was bouncing runing after him and trying to choke him

·
Registered
549 Posts
Belle Chase Naval Air Force station South of New Orleans did me dirty once.
Was working offshore on Chevron Genisis spahr tension leg deep water drilling production platform.
Naval air force fly's over and breaks Mach 1.
BOOM !
SOUND BARRIER POP.
I dive under a beam and look for black smoke,figuring something blew up on platform !

Almost paid them back.
Was tempted to fill huge plastic bags with natural gas,then spray paint with aluminum paint !
30 bogies on radar would have scrambled half the airport !
Pay back !
But didn't want to go to federal prison,so decided not to.
That's must have been crazy. Yea, it's a good thing you didn't do that for pay back, lol.

·
Registered
660 Posts

Are u seriously %^$&^ (*&$# ?
You Android people seem to have all the goodies in your app haha ! My iPhone doesn't display any of that nonsense... Well not yet anyway -_-;;

·
Super Moderator
15,938 Posts
You Android people seem to have all the goodies in your app haha ! My iPhone doesn't display any of that nonsense... Well not yet anyway -_-;;
That just means yours aren't visible, doesn't mean they aren't there.......
:(:confused::p:cool::Do_O:eek:

·
Premium Member
62,814 Posts
I have no waze in my phone. Never used waze. It was uber ball .the writing was nwxt to the ball.
I nust remembere that t.v program long time ago called the prisoner
As he was shouting im not a number im a free man. And the ball was bouncing runing after him and trying to choke him
Waze used to ask if you wanted speed display.
Now they just do it.

They sell your information also.
Police forces,insurance,and others buy the data.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They should make it visible then. I'm getting bored of the app already. I want the meters where it measures your braking and acceleration. I wanna have fun with it haha
Try activating it by driving 90 mph with a pax in your car and than slam the brakes to zero.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Are they importing the speed ball from waze?? Wazes update now flashes when your over the speed limit on the app.

Maybe uber is using this output and integrated it into the app.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

Are u seriously %$#@^& &^%$#@ ?
What am i missing here, what text from pax?

I got a ping last night at almost midnight, 140 mile trip. Young girl leaving her bf...dad was paying for the trip.

I averaged 90-95 for 100 of those miles. I didn't get anything. I do hate that little red ball though, it always seems to get in the way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts