Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've been making more money with getme now than I ever did with uber. Major caveat is that I didn't work the bar closing shift with uber for good surges.

·
Registered
244 Posts
San Antonio GM mgr says Austin GM is "booming". The huge problem is that GM doesn't push you jobs, you have to pull them from GM.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
Went out last night for first time in a while. It was awful. The volume is wayyyyyyyyy down and the pax are as horrible as ever. My days are numbered.

I can't believe how many people closed the bars last night for no surge. Is it all newbs or sheer desperation?
Summer is very unpredictable, I am waiting to make the most of my money in the Fall/winter personally

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
San Antonio GM mgr says Austin GM is "booming". The huge problem is that GM doesn't push you jobs, you have to pull them from GM.
Personally, I'd rather pull jobs from GM than get jobs pushed to me. The key that so many people overlook is that when you pull jobs, you can pull the profitable jobs; whereas if jobs are pushed to you, many of the jobs are not profitable. For instance, a couple of weeks ago, I took a client from Cedar Park to airport ($120 after tip); just after I dropped her off, I was presented with 3 GM trips (14mi, 33mi, 18mi) ... needless to say, I took the 33mi trip ... which took me back to Cedar Park (another $100+). Had I been pushed the trip, I might gotten the 14 or 18 mile trips; still good ... but not as good as the 33mi Cedar Park trip ... and now I have 2 regulars in Cedar Park.

If you don't want to work for the trips, then stick with Uber ... but I don't mind working a bit to leverage the trips in my favor.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
I have been busy with solid work with Fasten the two days I did drive, I cannot seem to swipe fast enough with GetME..I see a request and it is gone faster then I can swipe it (go ninja go ninja go!). I am thinking it is because where I am located. I will have to try it in a different region

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Summers are slower overall in Austin. Since it's a college town, fall and spring are the heaviest saturations of ride seekers. Winter and summer not so much.
The winter chill seems to happen right after New Year's, and lasts until SXSW. The summer ends late August as the students arrive for fall classes.
Everything runs in cycles, and that was the flaw in Uber's theory of slashing rates twice per year. I never saw any increase in demand as a result of the price slashing, but demand did increase in the cycles I mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Everything runs in cycles, and that was the flaw in Uber's theory of slashing rates twice per year. I never saw any increase in demand as a result of the price slashing, but demand did increase in the cycles I mentioned above.
Bear in mind ... Uber never increased their prices only decreased them

Reactions: Tx rides

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't driven in a few weeks because GM and Fare apps really suck. Now, I do prefer GM because I stay busy but the finger pecking I'm over it. I'm thinking I might drive this weekend and it stresses me out knowing I have to deal with the apps.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I haven't driven in a few weeks because GM and Fare apps really suck. Now, I do prefer GM because I stay busy but the finger pecking I'm over it. I'm thinking I might drive this weekend and it stresses me out knowing I have to deal with the apps.
It's been pretty dead today ... I eventually did get 7 trips today across 3 apps (1 GM, 2 Fast, 4 Fare); but it was an all day process to get those. I probably could have gotten more Fasten trips; but it's hard to justify taking $1.15/mi trips in Lux SUV, especially since I don't know if they are 1 mile trips or 10+ mile trips. The 2 Fast (Fasten) trips I took had boost (surge) so they were about equal to GM trips; but there is no in-app tip option which is a bummer. 3/4 Fare trips tipped me ... so that added $16 to my net. It was a long day that yielded less than $20/hr for the time I was online today.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Well many wanted U/L gone now look were we are smh
I never wanted them gone; however, I also didn't want them to take advantage of the drivers. Consistently lowering driver earnings is not a way to a happy workforce either

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Well many wanted U/L gone now look were we are smh
Do you think all the Uber riders just opted to stay home? I doubt it. They are finding other options like they did before, which is healthier in the long run. An Uber monopoly would make the taxi cabal look pitiful. Remember: summer is always painfully slow in the hired car business. Successful companies will take the opportunity to improve their processes, maintain vehicles, take a life break, etc. Vendors can take the opportunity to upgrade software with less impact, etc.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It's been pretty dead today ... I eventually did get 7 trips today across 3 apps (1 GM, 2 Fast, 4 Fare); but it was an all day process to get those. I probably could have gotten more Fasten trips; but it's hard to justify taking $1.15/mi trips in Lux SUV, especially since I don't know if they are 1 mile trips or 10+ mile trips. The 2 Fast (Fasten) trips I took had boost (surge) so they were about equal to GM trips; but there is no in-app tip option which is a bummer. 3/4 Fare trips tipped me ... so that added $16 to my net. It was a long day that yielded less than $20/hr for the time I was online today.
This is an historically slow weekend in this business, save for cheap fireworks attendees. No offense to them, but we all know these large events require a large number of rides, but turnaround trips are nearly nonexistent, so you flock to a crowded zone for one trip. Big deal :)

We have an atypical Sunday on the calendar due to an exec hosting a party, otherwise, most of our chauffeurs would be barbecuing and brewing :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
As with everything, the more I drive for FARE, the better it's working for me (or the better I'm working it :) ). Last 2 nights have averaged $30 an hour, almost $20 per ride, and $1 per mile (all miles, incl deadhead & commute from home to DT to back home in north Round Rock) - each of those are the goals that I shoot for to consider it a very successful evening. Know they all won't be like that, but it's nice when it happens.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
This is an historically slow weekend in this business, save for cheap fireworks attendees. No offense to them, but we all know these large events require a large number of rides, but turnaround trips are nearly nonexistent, so you flock to a crowded zone for one trip. Big deal :)

We have an atypical Sunday on the calendar due to an exec hosting a party, otherwise, most of our chauffeurs would be barbecuing and brewing :)
My weekend is saved by a handful of regulars heading from Dripping Springs to downtown and back; other than that, I'm taking the weekend off.

I did have a regular who tried to spring an ABIA 4AM trip on me at 11PM last night ... nope, they'll have to grab a cab or drive ... as I'm not going to stay out all day and grab only 3 hours of sleep to snatch them up for a $40 ride.

Love regulars, but their failure to schedule me so that I can be adequately rested before hauling them to ABIA doesn't fit into my personal or professional safety guidelines.

Reactions: Tx rides
1 - 20 of 38 Posts