Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've had pool rides where I pick up the first person, then pickup the second. Then we drop off the first and I think all is well and I'm just going to drop off the second.

Not anymore, now uber will ping you to make a third pickup while the second rider's still in the car. This has pissed off all my pool passengers because they select it thinking they're only going to get matched up once but then have to deal with several pickups. I've cancelled all third requests as a courtesy to the riders.

This is really stupid for Uber because people selecting pool are ok with one other pickup. But no way I'd take it if I knew we'd be making three or four.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Recently I've had pool rides where I pick up the first person, then pickup the second. Then we drop off the first and I think all is well and I'm just going to drop off the second.

Not anymore, now uber will ping you to make a third pickup while the second rider's still in the car. This has pissed off all my pool passengers because they select it thinking they're only going to get matched up once but then have to deal with several pickups. I've cancelled all third requests as a courtesy to the riders.

This is really stupid for Uber because people selecting pool are ok with one other pickup. But no way I'd take it if I knew we'd be making three or four.
You've got it all wrong,the way it works now is, your could get third ping/rider while you have your first and second rider in your vehicle and up to five riders on one single trip.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

pool has to go

FIFY

·
Banned
919 Posts

Unless 2nd pax has a higher surge then the first, why you even picking both up? Uber found a suckered and are testing you out how far they can push you. Most do one pax, you do 2.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I thought that was happening down at USC but it was starting a new pool on a separate fare. Was mad as hell for a minute there when I thought it was doubling on me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You've got it all wrong,the way it works now is, your could get third ping/rider while you have your first and second rider in your vehicle and up to five riders on one single trip.
Probably explains why we have to select how many riders per pick up.

First rider: 1
Second Rider:1
Third Rider:1
Fourth Rider: 1

Drop off First Rider and now one seat vacant. Soon it'll be called Uber Bus.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Indeed.Its not official here in LA yet,but uber lunched UberCommute service some other places .
If this continues Uber stands to make money (excuse me RIP off drivers) because as you know we are paid for total miles and minutes only while Uber gets the total of let's say all four rider fare. You know what I'm saying? what sneaky bastards they are.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
If this continues Uber stands to make money (excuse me RIP off drivers) because as you know we are paid for total miles and minutes only while Uber gets the total of let's say all four rider fare. You know what I'm saying? what sneaky bastards they are.
Very close friend completed a ride the other day.It started in Venice then picked up in SM then West LA, dropped off SM rider in BH,picked up BH, dropped off Ven. rider inWeHo,then WLA rider in Holl. with final stop in Burbank WB.
He got paid 100% (mil+min).
Most likely uber collected around 170%
If one X can service 5 pax in 1hour,we can say buy buy to surge altogether

·
Registered
544 Posts
Very close friend completed a ride the other day.It started in Venice then picked up in SM then West LA, dropped off SM rider in BH,picked up BH, dropped off Ven. rider inWeHo,then WLA rider in Holl. with final stop in Burbank WB.
He got paid 100% (mil+min).
Most likely uber collected around 170%
If one X can service 5 pax in 1hour,we can say buy buy to surge altogether
Yes sir, this is why Uber wants all drivers to accept all pool requests. The fares are calculated to their benefit and we get the short end of the stick and some people wonder why we attack Uber so much.

Lets get real man, even at $1 a mile it's not enough that they strip us naked.

Anyone for "UBER STRIKE?"

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I stopped doing non surge pool rides after I picked up a 300 pound dude with his 250 pound girlfriend followed by two average size pax that were visibly upset. I was happy and kind of bummed at the same time. On the one hand these cheap asses got what they deserved, on the other my poor Prius and rating took some damage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Means is that ok to do 2nd pool?
Pool if for stone head drivers
I mean if it's rush hours I wouldn't even take a pool request if they are not surging on the initial pool... if its dead hours I'll take whatever

1 - 20 of 43 Posts