Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ 200+ Uberx. 230+ uberxl. I wonder if they know you make more on a strip ride now then an edc ride after waiting 3 hours. View attachment 658962
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ 200+ Uberx. 230+ uberxl. I wonder if they know you make more on a strip ride now then an edc ride after waiting 3 hours. View attachment 658962
I guess everyone listened to my advice. I personally know friends who were going, plus talked to pax the last few weeks who were coming back. I told them all to just take the shuttle busses.
Interestingly - look at this weird surge hole. I wonder what that鈥檚 all about.

I bet quite a few drivers get kicked to the back of the queue when their poor signal fails too. They also lose any sticky surge they picked up on the way. When they come back online, they could be in the donut of no surge.

Atmosphere Light Sky Black Azure

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know Uber is definitely stealing that surge money to pay for the promos. I mean the strip and Fremont have had higher surges all night. Even got lyft bonuses on all rides. But you can鈥檛 teach dumb. Or in this case, at least we can see it first hand in the queue.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is that Lux XL/Premier XL?

I decided to stay home this weekend, but if that's X I'm kicking myself in the *ss for staying home.
Lux, premier, xl, lyft xl. No lyft black. No premier xl.
Have 2 privates lined up for the airport later so finished on the app. $75 each from the strip and then 1 edc for $250 @ 6. Luckily they are willing to walk to the non rideshare area. Did it last night. Easy in and out and staying out by me so good cash.

Premium Member
Got it. But not X. So those are definitely elevated fares.

Based on that, I'm guessing I would have pulled about $250-$300 on X during the same time. Kinda regretting not driving knowing that now. Oh well 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Glad you had a great night, though!

Premium Member
Have 2 privates lined up for the airport later so finished on the app. $75 each from the strip and then 1 edc for $250 @ 6. Luckily they are willing to walk to the non rideshare area. Did it last night. Easy in and out and staying out by me so good cash.
Just be careful on the private. Make sure your pax agree to confirm you're just a friend if they are questioned. On one of the fb Uber groups, someone posted the Taxi Authority was getting organized at a gas station near the Speedway. He said he overheard them talking about heading over to the speedway and checking for rides in driver's apps in the TNC area. It wouldn't shock me if they were patrolling other areas too looking for off app rides. Since you won't be soliciting up there you're probably fine, but you never know.

Premium Member
Just be careful on the private. Make sure your pax agree to confirm you're just a friend if they are questioned. On one of the fb Uber groups, someone posted the Taxi Authority was getting organized at a gas station near the Speedway. He said he overheard them talking about heading over to the speedway and checking for rides in driver's apps in the TNC area. It wouldn't shock me if they were patrolling other areas too looking for off app rides. Since you won't be soliciting up there you're probably fine, but you never know.
They aren't cops ... they can't search your shit, they can't go thru your phone. They can't question and interrogate you ... where do you get this bogus stuff

Premium Member
They aren't cops ... they can't search your shit, they can't go thru your phone. They can't question and interrogate you ... where do you get this bogus stuff
Actually they are. They are transportation police. They can ticket you. they can have your car hooked and impounded. They can detain you with force if necessary and cuff you..they can even shoot you if you give them a reason. They just can't arrest you but they can call metro to do that and if they have to they will be there fast and you aren't walking home.

Registered
It's been decent on Uber x. With the $80 quest bonus for 30 rides and about 10 other rides, I'll end up with about $900 for 40 rides. I have three more rides to do this evening. $35 cash tips included.

It was a cancel avalanche yesterday evening around 5-6 pm cuz so many drivers canceled after finding EDC was the destination. Several times I tried to cancel but the system was overloaded and made me wait several minutes for cancel to go through. I saved my area preference for this evening for today. I used it yesterday...2 hours a day is not much time on a weekend like EDC or upcoming Memorial. It should be about 6 hours...so we don't have to cancel so many rides.

Registered
Font Map Parallel Slope Terrestrial plant

Got this gem early on. Ended up getting there and back in less than two hours which wasn鈥檛 too bad. While this may seem like a good fare, when I went to see how much the Pax paid, it was close to $160. Uber took more than half. Just greedy and ridiculous.
Made $400 last night from 2-midnight then went home. Had planned on working till 6 am but when I saw 200+ people staging I knew it was time to go.

Registered
It's awesome that the ones saying, "Don't drive EDC weekend. I'm staying home." are now bragging how good it is. And the ones saying "Don't drive to speedway. I won't do it" are all posting stories and screenshots of their rides to the speedway. LOL

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's awesome that the ones saying, "Don't drive EDC weekend. I'm staying home." are now bragging how good it is. And the ones saying "Don't drive to speedway. I won't do it" are all posting stories and screenshots of their rides to the speedway. LOL
Actually you are wrong. Yet again. I see the ones saying don鈥檛 do edc, not going to edc And the ones saying I will try and avoid it, Trying to avoid it. Must be bitter you were one of 500 cars in a queue. I did 1 private from edc. Besides that, was never close. The speedway exit from the gas station was nice and fast to get off and on. I saw picture from tropical avenue. Lmfao I鈥檇 be pissed too.

Premium Member
I drove Friday night but it was bad. Luckily I got sick so I don鈥檛 feel like driving and dealing with that crap.

I made more per hour on Thursday than I did on Friday

Registered
I drove Friday night but it was bad. Luckily I got sick so I don鈥檛 feel like driving and dealing with that crap.

I made more per hour on Thursday than I did on Friday
I haven't driven EDC since surge changed from multiplier. And when I say I don't drive it, I don't drive it. I'm not lying to disuade others from driving.
Friday traffic was always the worst because it included normal rush hour traffic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts