Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rectangle Font Circle Number Screenshot
I wrote in to Uber to seek answer on a non-payment for one of the day's incentives.

My app timing showed I have done exactly 2 hours and 3 rides and so subject to receive the hourly incentives.

But the statement showed up nothing for
that day and time slot.

And I found out it was all because I was 0.1 minute over the limit and caused my TPH to dip to 1.49. Damn!

I didn't understand though how Uber had arrived at $14.52 for the reimbursement but I am not whining because this was a goodwill gesture. Thank you!

So, Ubering is not like driving a cab with people inside and go around can liao lah, ha ha!

:p

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It's safer to either go offline like 5 minutes earlier or take a fourth rider to "cushion" the TPH a bit.

;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
View attachment 50114 I wrote in to Uber to seek answer on a non-payment for one of the day's incentives.

My app timing showed I have done exactly 2 hours and 3 rides and so subject to receive the hourly incentives.

But the statement showed up nothing for
that day and time slot.

And I found out it was all because I was 0.1 minute over the limit and caused my TPH to dip to 1.49. Damn!

Ubering is not like driving a cab with people inside and go around can liao, ha ha!

:p
Waaaaah, Bro. I will not be able and willing to put up with such added on stress. It is already stressful enough as it is to drive on crowded roads with rude drivers and pax during peak hours

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waaaaah, Bro. I will not be able and willing to put up with such added on stress. It is already stressful enough as it is to drive on crowded roads with rude drivers and pax during peak hours
Yar told ya, bro! Ha ha! Imagine everyday chiong AM peak and sometimes kenna shit to Tuas South Ave for peanuts fares. By 3pm I am shagged.

:(

·
Registered
253 Posts
this is the reason we advice everyone in the group to go for 4 trips and end 2.6hrs or 2hrs and 36mins as the minimum to hit guaranteed fare. or 4trips for 2hrs 25mins for peak 1.65tph.

since it is impossible to tell how to be exactly online for 2hrs: for peak, minimum online 2hrs to qualify and off peak 1.5tph, it is best to do more in such exact down-to-the-decimal TPH.

take note since we r at it. online not exactly at 7am sharp but give a 20seconds buffer to ensure ifnany ping that comes in immediately after u online is after 7.00.01 seconds instead of 6.59.59s. so that server lag and all will not screw ur tph.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is precisely because of such stupid requirements like these which have made me lose interest in chionging for Uber. A difference of a few seconds can mean you achieve your incentives for that time block or you eat grass.

As an Uber driver, I have always taken it upon myself to deliver a professional service and get the rider to their destinations safely and in a timely manner.

On top of trying to provide 5-star service, I have to deal with traffic and avoiding accidents, beating the clock, counting minutes and arguing with clueless Uber support staff regarding payment issues.

To make matters worse, the lower fares are attracting some ungracious riders who think they are Kings and Queens and you are their lowly servants because they are paying for the ride.

For the measly amount of money, they expect you to turn up quickly, wait patiently for them to saunter to you car and have the nerve to tell you to go faster because they are late.

The whole system is designed to be great for riders but bad for drivers.

Such a lopsided situation is unsustainable. If there is no win-win, more and more drivers will wise up and quit. The hordes of new drivers who queue up to join will eventually dwindle down to a trickle.

Be an Uber partner? Don't make me laugh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, I will soon to be Ubering. kindly enlighten, if one do not focus on incentive & just drive as ping from 0800-1100hrs what average income (gross) can one get.(Car owner with target to make S$80 a day)
I will be heading to attend uber session, anyone wants the referral com and offer % as I am new guy to UBER.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I learnt that in order to go the long haul in private hire one must learn to take it slowly.

When you chiong 12 hours a day you will burnt out faster than Joseph Schooling swimming in the Olympics 100m freestyle.

Go slow. Like jogging. When you go the whole hog in the first week you are not going to make it as a regular jogger. Start with AM peak try complete the full 3 hours to meet TPH. After six months take on a couple of extra hours in the afternoon or evening on top of your AM trips.

While at it, smell the roses along the way. You can't make it as a millionaire driving PH not even a couple of thousand dollars each month!

Amyone who told you he is driving 12 hours making thousands of dollars every month I bet he wouldn't be in the game by the time you finished reading this post.

Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I learnt that in order to go the long haul in private hire one must learn to take it slowly.

When you chiong 12 hours a day you will burnt out faster than Joseph Schooling swimming in the Olympics 100m freestyle.

Go slow. Like jogging. When you go the whole hog in the first week you are not going to make it as a regular jogger. Start with AM peak try complete the full 3 hours to meet TPH. After six months take on a couple of extra hours in the afternoon or evening on top of your AM trips.

While at it, smell the roses along the way. You can't make it as a millionaire driving PH not even a couple of thousand dollars each month!

Amyone who told you he is driving 12 hours making thousands of dollars every month I bet he wouldn't be in the game by the time you finished reading this post.

Ha ha ha!
You can be a millionaire. Just write a book "Uber driving for Dummies". Sure will be Best Seller. Hahaha....

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a driver not a writer lah! Ha ha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts