Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I call bullshit on basherballgod there are processes in place to get refunds in case of overcharges etc in a cab. You need a reciept of the payment. And I personally know clients of mine who have gotten refunds or taxi credits after a proper complaint was made.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Had a pax today telling me about a trip the other day.
Uber Driver took him a longer way than usual, he contacted uber and they agreed and reimbursed the difference.
Does your taxi company offer that service, because when I got charged $52 for a $30 trip the driver was not forthcoming and black & white cabs didn't want to hear about it.

Shame that your taxi industry doesn't have accountability to their shocking actions.
Howdy, I drive Black in Sydney, and about 50% of the Pax I pick up from Sydney Airport are very upset when they get the price.

Sydney Airport is GEO-Fenced so available UBERX cars are not visible inside the Airport precinct. Some UBERX users arrive in Sydney, look at the crazy long Cab queue and pull out the UBER App, and request a car without looking too closely at what they request.

If the job is going over the bridge or west of Bankstown/ Homebush then it's well above Taxi rates. I also get a hint there will be a disappointed pax when they comment on the quality of the car and I ask them what they usually request.

Last week it was a woman going to Normanhurst $183.00 about $50 over usual HC rates and $75-85 above Taxi rates.

Before we got there I warned her that it was going to be a big number and got her to note the route I took was shorter and had $6.50 less in tolls than the UBER App route.

She kept asking if $183 was "correct". It's the UBER rate which I have nothing to do with was my reply.

·
Registered
271 Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-s-fury-charged-93-five-minute-cab-ride.html

All passengers shouldn't have to double check their credit card balances after using UBER or any other services for that matter.

UBER demands FAR too much freedom to passenger credit cards and the "integrity" of its drivers is suspect at best.
This why the app works, if this had been a taxi he would have no chance of getting his money back unless he tried via the credit card company.
On what planet would the taxi meter have prevented this?
You start an argument where you put forward the question and then provide the answer but not the one you intended. LMFAO.
Taxi meter would not have helped but by showing Uber the map of the route, they were able to refund the passenger as they should and do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How does a meter help? Would you just jump out of the car half way because it's getting too expensive?
I'd be inclined to let people know that they can estimate their fare in the uber app in the future to avoid the shock of an expensive trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts