Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
All politicians tell porky pies and all our leaders in last 20 odd years just give taxpayer's money hand over fist to countries that don't really need it.

Farage will never be PM but it would be good if whoever takes over dodgy dave's job, channels that money towards our NHS, our Schools system and to our needy citizens like disabled & old and maybe do something for kids like bring back youth clubs

All a dream though ain't it?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All politicians tell porky pies and all our leaders in last 20 odd years just give taxpayer's money hand over fist to countries that don't really need it.

Farage will never be PM but it would be good if whoever takes over dodgy dave's job, channels that money towards our NHS, our Schools system and to our needy citizens like disabled & old and maybe do something for kids like bring back youth clubs

All a dream though ain't it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for change. I would love to see the collapse of crony capitalism but this is not the way to go about it.
Most searched questions on google after the vote;
1) who will replace Cameron?
2) what is EU?
Shows how ill informed the leave voters are. Saaaad:((

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
You can always run for "the let us back in " leadership race. Mr Cameron &Mr Blair are front runners, hot on the heels is Lord Sugar!:).

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Markets should drop more early part of next week, funnily enough Continental European indices suffered heavier losses than the UK.

Last paragraph of that article is comical with a Chief Investment Officer from Royal London advising short term investors to consult a financial advisor.

Short term investors/traders made their money between 12:30am and 3:00am whilst the results were being published.
Like taking candy from a baby. This volatility can be a gift for the taking unless you are s buy & hold investor

If worried about rising oil prices affecting your fuel & energy costs spread bet the oil futures market.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I am not a huge fan of Farage or any politician.

But I would point out that he didn't actually say it so isn't a liar.

But one thing about the EU that people seem to be glossing over.

They have never had their Accounts signed off, ever.

The money that the UK gives the EU is massive.

And yes we do get some back, but it has to be spent in what the EU dictates it is spent on.

Ever wondered where the EU Money/Grants etc actually come from?

Give it a couple of years and there will be other big names referendums regarding away Membership.

Greece would not be in the state it is in currently if they were not in the Euro.

Turkey will be in soon.

I say let Germany bankrupt themselves paying for it all.

If Europe wants to get funny about things then the French and Germans can take their cars/vans/LGVs/Buses and stick them up their arse.

The UK imports huge amounts from Europe.

They have more to lose by not trading with the UK

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for change. I would love to see the collapse of crony capitalism but this is not the way to go about it.
Most searched questions on google after the vote;
1) who will replace Cameron?
2) what is EU?
Shows how ill informed the leave voters are. Saaaad:((
Seems to me the Remain supporters know next to nothing.

Otherwise they would have voted Leave.

And how do you know that Leave voters asked those questions?

As most Leave voters would already know the most likely candidates are Gove, BoJo and May why would they need to Google it?

I suspect most Remain voters use Google for most things.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems to me the Remain supporters know next to nothing.

Otherwise they would have voted Leave.

And how do you know that Leave voters asked those questions?

As most Leave voters would already know the most likely candidates are Gove, BoJo and May why would they need to Google it?

I suspect most Remain voters use Google for most things.
It was the question of what is EU, that was sad. So why did remain campaign do better in big cities where the education levels are higher? Leave voters mainly voted because they were convinced by the, must admit, well executed scaremongering of the leave campaign. I understand the frustration of the ordinary people, I am one of them. I would like the EU to operate more efficiently too but to say that EU as a concept is bad is ridiculous. We should have stayed and fought to better it. If this leads to the collapse of EU, there will likely to be war or wars. Then we'll see how many of the leave voters will be willing to sacrifice their lives.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
It was the question of what is EU, that was sad. So why did remain campaign do better in big cities where the education levels are higher? Leave voters mainly voted because they were convinced by the, must admit, well executed scaremongering of the leave campaign. I understand the frustration of the ordinary people, I am one of them. I would like the EU to operate more efficiently too but to say that EU as a concept is bad is ridiculous. We should have stayed and fought to better it. If this leads to the collapse of EU, there will likely to be war or wars. Then we'll see how many of the leave voters will be willing to sacrifice their lives.
You mean big Cities like Birmingham and Sunderland?

So you think never having their Accounts signed off due to "discrepancies" is a good thing?

The EU is not democratic.

An MEP is not like an MP they can't really do anything it is just a gravy train to get the Political Classes on board.

The EU is Autocracy.

If you think that is a good way to live then you can move to France/Germany/Belgium/Eire now.

Why do I have the very strong feeling that if the vote had gone the other way the Leave voters wouldn't be moaning and winging like a bunch of five year olds.

The Remainers where moaning about how The Tories only go 37% of the vote last year.

They ignored the fact that Labour got 36% in 2005.

Just accept you got less votes in a democracy and stop moaning.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Er dim:) N Ireland and Scotland voted remain where do you get these statements from? There was more scaremongering for the in campaign.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Er dim:) N Ireland and Scotland voted remain where do you get these statements from? There was more scaremongering for the in campaign.
The Remain campaign screwed themselves.

People seen through their bollocks.

And I suspect few Remain voters have struggled with overrun public services.

Immigration is not an issue, uncontrolled immigration with no consideration to public services is.

Look at the number of massive blocks of flats that have sprung up in Stratford and Canning Town.

Are there more schools?

Is the A&E larger?

Is NGH larger?

What about Ambulance cover? Is that increased?

What about the Police and Fire Brigade?

You can't have an extra million or so people added to the population of a City and expect the infastructure to cope.

You can't expect the Citizens of a Country to vote for the gradual reduction in their standard of living.

The Political elite in Europe didn't think the UK would vote out.

That was why they didn't want to deal with Cameron, they though the sheep would follow them just like the rest of Europe.

Expect the French to have a new resurgence in nationalism.

And the EU can get cosy with their new mates the Turks and Germany can subsidise them on their own.

It does make me laugh when prople say we get money from the EU.

In a strange we do, it's some of the money that we pay in. Though it can only be spent on things the EU dictates we can spend it on. So next time you see somebody saying their organisation benefits from EU money consider where the money actually comes from.

£350million a week will make a huge difference to this Country.

And now we can realign with the Commonwealth as we should always have done.

And if the EU doesn't want to give us trade deals we won't give them trade deals.

50% import duty for German and French produce should do it.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The Remain campaign screwed themselves.

People seen through their bollocks.

And I suspect few Remain voters have struggled with overrun public services.

Immigration is not an issue, uncontrolled immigration with no consideration to public services is.

Look at the number of massive blocks of flats that have sprung up in Stratford and Canning Town.

Are there more schools?

Is the A&E larger?

Is NGH larger?

What about Ambulance cover? Is that increased?

What about the Police and Fire Brigade?

You can't have an extra million or so people added to the population of a City and expect the infastructure to cope.

You can't expect the Citizens of a Country to vote for the gradual reduction in their standard of living.

The Political elite in Europe didn't think the UK would vote out.

That was why they didn't want to deal with Cameron, they though the sheep would follow them just like the rest of Europe.

Expect the French to have a new resurgence in nationalism.

And the EU can get cosy with their new mates the Turks and Germany can subsidise them on their own.

It does make me laugh when prople say we get money from the EU.

In a strange we do, it's some of the money that we pay in. Though it can only be spent on things the EU dictates we can spend it on. So next time you see somebody saying their organisation benefits from EU money consider where the money actually comes from.

£350million a week will make a huge difference to this Country.

And now we can realign with the Commonwealth as we should always have done.

And if the EU doesn't want to give us trade deals we won't give them trade deals.

50% import duty for German and French produce should do it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 - 20 of 85 Posts