Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
At $.70/mile

View attachment 47056

Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 5.7 L Hemi. Mpg 11.4
He must have failed basic math in high school. The car loans are now the same as the mortgage crisis. Stated income and cheap rates with zero down. Three years down the road there will be a glut of high mileage vehicles getting repo'd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I saw an Audi A8 out Uber X'ing (no Select service here) the other night. 2013 or newer model I think. I could only surmise they were either showing off or needed money to make the payment for that $70k+ car. Either way, I felt sorry for them and wanted to call them stupid..

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I have seen a 1 ton Chevy dually crew cab with Iber trade dress probbaly gets better mpg than a 1/2 ton hemi what seriously wtf....a $60k truck? Or I suppose you could be the congressmen's daughter using a congressional licensed vehicle on Lyft tax payer funded!

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And another. Chevy 2500 HD with custom wheels and tires. Not sure which one of these it is but...

Silverado 2500HD Vortec V-8 average fuel economy of 10.3 mpg

Silverado 2500HD Duramax V-8 average fuel economy of 15.3mpg

Didn't realize he was sitting in his truck when I pulled up to take the pic. Oops!! Lol

Chevy 2500 HD.PNG

He was logged on and Goober X only. No XL and no Select.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was kinda board yesterday waiting for a ping, so I pull up at a QT under the gas pump canopy to let the car cool down. Roll the windows down and chill for a bit.

A raised F-150 rolls up next to me. Starts pumping gas and goes into the store. Comes out with a couple drinks and the gas pump is still going. I'm like WTF?? He finally drives off and now I'm curious how much gas he put in his truck. So I got out and took a pic. Lol

This was at $1.99 I think.

IMAG0305.jpg

These guys above driving Goober X in their $80,000 trucks @ 12 miles to the gallon. Lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
I do like me some Quik Trips. I have been getting a bunch of passengers talking to me about driving for Uber and how they want to go buy a new car and drive to pay it off....I don't get it. SUVs and trucks doing X makes no sense either.

One pax today told me her dad had driven for Uber, but quit. I asked her what he did instead, she told me he went to work in a call center because it paid better.

I will say though, today was decent, almost all long trips and got close to $25/hr avg. If only that happened every day.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I was kinda board yesterday waiting for a ping, so I pull up at a QT under the gas pump canopy to let the car cool down. Roll the windows down and chill for a bit.

A raised F-150 rolls up next to me. Starts pumping gas and goes into the store. Comes out with a couple drinks and the gas pump is still going. I'm like WTF?? He finally drives off and now I'm curious how much gas he put in his truck. So I got out and took a pic. Lol

This was at $1.99 I think.

View attachment 54023

These guys above driving Goober X in their $80,000 trucks @ 12 miles to the gallon. Lol
All real size GM's have a 28 gallon tank. But what really sucked was back in '03 when the pipeline broke between Tucson and Phoenix it was over $100 to fill your tank. Sorry, F-150 is a Ford

1 - 20 of 24 Posts