Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
11,212 Posts
Liquid pee according to attached email response by OP…

Old women are supposed to smell like pee according to you? 🤔🤣
He said a woman problem, not just an old woman problem. It’s not a common woman problem and none of my pax urinated in my car.

To the OP, sorry you have to deal with this. I especially liked the end of your message to Lyft, telling them to have an unpleasant day.

· Registered
132 Posts
An older rider jumped into my front seat and URINATED in my car on a short 20 minute ride. I immediately reported the incident and was told the damage claim had to be escalated due to "lack of proof" and this is what the escalation team sent and my reply to it...
Yeah these bastards did this to me four or five months ago with some vomit on my leather seats. Because they are leather seats the vomit can simply be wiped away and for that reason it’s considered routine maintenance and not able to pay out a claim. I straight up told LYFT my routine maintenance is at the start of my shift every day so I’m just going to leave it and everybody who sits in it is just gonna have to sit in it.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
An older rider jumped into my front seat and URINATED in my car on a short 20 minute ride. I immediately reported the incident and was told the damage claim had to be escalated due to "lack of proof" and this is what the escalation team sent and my reply to it...
LOL the so called airbag & sensors are made to get wet not short out. They will dry in a few days after a good cleaning this is normal in some cars . Most newer cars they are completely sealed so this does not happen but either way they will never short out. They have good cleaning things to remove the smell 100% been in the biz for 40 years.

· Premium Member
173 Posts
LOL the so called airbag & sensors are made to get wet not short out. They will dry in a few days after a good cleaning this is normal in some cars . Most newer cars they are completely sealed so this does not happen but either way they will never short out. They have good cleaning things to remove the smell 100% been in the biz for 40 years.
Not always true, it can also short out the heating elements if the seat is heated. I've had it happen from rain and an open window.

· Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Driving for them and letting the offshore Indian support treat you like this is something you weren't supposed to let happen.

· Premium Member
12,430 Posts
Why don't you just 3 or 1 Star them so you never get them again ?

Make sure you Triple check the rating though, cause the first time it doesn't take.
This is why every pax are 5 stars.

· Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I DO know where they live as this is not the first time I have driven them but Lyft has policies covering these types of incidents and should be held accountable. I am NOT going to my personal insurance or filing a claim in court as I think we both know that will not solve my immediate issue or work in my best interest. Appreciate your ideas but no thanks
Sorry, but I would be at my local hub on Monday morning demanding compensation, if they balk, next stop would be county court house file in small claims at treble the damage.

· Premium Member
5,103 Posts
No, they are not made to get wet, those are not weather lock or proof connections. If they were they would use a weatherpak connection.

· Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I got a ping coming off of Galveston Island going to Texas City to pick up this person and got a message to me then at the side door of a strip club and noticed that it was a guest request, so I canceled because I feared I would get a rider like the OP had gotten.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well its been a week and the sensors are STILL malfunctioning so I guess you have the capacity to be wrong but thats not even the point. The point is that in every situation human waste is a biohazard and you should be dealt with as such! I mean we were required to wear a stupid mask for an invisible disease but a puddle of urine and it causing issues to the cars electrical system is no big deal? Whatever. And by the way, the "good cleaning" is exactly what I requested and was denied

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Always true 100%. That is 100% by design. Do you really think car manufactures would allow a short and catch fire if your kid pissed pants? Stop and think a min.
Well maybe they SHOULD have considered it but they didn't. The fact is that the sensors worked fine when I picked her up and now they don't and I hadn't even considered the heating issue. I am getting madder by the minute!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts